Need Help with motherboard change?

So I switched out my mother board recently to the MSi 990FXA board and it seems to impact my performance negatively?

Specs: 

GTX 960 SSC

AMD FX8320E

16GB RAM

1TB harddrive

and the mother board above. 

It makes everything run extreamly slow for some reason. I used to get about 20 frames on arma and now i get around 9...... 

Please help if possible, my old motherboard I dont know the name of it.

Do you have your monitor connected to the gpu or motherboard? 

Edit : nevermind that isn't one of the AM3 boards with on board graphics. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Did you do a fresh install of your OS after the mobo change? Your system may be getting confused with drivers, I've had that after swapping different Asus x99 motherboards.

But I don't know cause I did this last time with the same board, I restet windows. And it didn't help me. Just went back to my old one

My best guess would still be that it's driver related. It could also be that it's simply a lower quality board but I can't really say if you don't know what it is. Maybe double check your bios and make sure everything is set right? It's a long shot but maybe your GPU's PCIE slot is running at less than x16 or x8?

I'm just spit balling here.

11 minutes ago, BigD360 said:

My best guess would still be that it's driver related. It could also be that it's simply a lower quality board but I can't really say if you don't know what it is. Maybe double check your bios and make sure everything is set right? It's a long shot but maybe your GPU's PCIE slot is running at less than x16 or x8?

I'm just spit balling here.

Pcie clock is 32.... This board is a lot better than my other one I think. Other one was like from 2011. And I'll check out the driver thing 

Please, I still need help! I reset my Window..... all drivers.....

I really can't say anything for sure. 

Silly question but did you reapply thermal paste to the cpu? What are your temps like? Is your cpu cooler on properly?

Also, after reinstalling windows, did you reactivate it with your product key? If not that's deffinitely the problem. Windows will read a new motherboard as a totally new computer and you might have to call MS to activate your key.

33 minutes ago, BigD360 said:

Also, after reinstalling windows, did you reactivate it with your product key? If not that's deffinitely the problem. Windows will read a new motherboard as a totally new computer and you might have to call MS to activate your key.

temps r normal.... and windows is activated..

My max speed is 4 GHz for the cpu... but the speeds wont go above 1.36 GHz

Well, I'm at a loss. It sounds like you've done everything and I don't think it's faulty hardware, so I have no clue. Sorry I can't be more help.

I think my only other suggestion would be to try resetting the CMOS. That's all I got.