Is this parts list good?

Go to solution Solved by TheeDugster,

You can;t edit and game well with a 500 dollar computer unfortunately, but you seem to have a good build set up. You might want to consider waiting for hte next generation of low end CPU's to see if Intel will release anything better, because 2 cores is really pushing it.

Hi! I am trying to build a budget pc, under $500. I would like to to edit, watch movies, game well, and act as my new computer. Here is the parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/p2QNXH

If you have any suggestions, things I should change, or add. Please tell me!

You can;t edit and game well with a 500 dollar computer unfortunately, but you seem to have a good build set up. You might want to consider waiting for hte next generation of low end CPU's to see if Intel will release anything better, because 2 cores is really pushing it.

get rid of the optical drive and get the i3 7100, total price would be 506 $

Just now, Kakapipi said:

get rid of the optical drive and get the i3 7100, total price would be 506 $

But the pentium is hyper threaded and the optical drive is so I can watch movies, make music, and make downloading software easier.

2 minutes ago, TheeDugster said:

It is hyper threaded. I know it wont game to well, but the cpu has integrated graphics + the graphics card I have added. I won't be playing demanding games either.

4 minutes ago, TheeDugster said:

Also how long until the next line of budget cpu's come out?

2 minutes ago, Dash1234321 said:

But the pentium is hyper threaded and the optical drive is so I can watch movies, make music, and make downloading software easier.

the i3 is hyper threaded as well, and believe me you dont need an optical drive, if you want to watch movies just download popcorn time and i dont see how you can make music with an optical drive, you can download everything nowadays, believe me you're gonna regret getting the g4600 with the optical drive

3 minutes ago, Dash1234321 said:

It is hyper threaded. I know it wont game to well, but the cpu has integrated graphics + the graphics card I have added. I won't be playing demanding games either.

The CPU graphics won't be used if you have a graphics card. It doesn't add performance.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Just now, njmyers3 said:

The CPU graphics won't be used if you have a graphics card. It doesn't add performance.

Didn't know that.

1 minute ago, Kakapipi said:

the i3 is hyper threaded as well, and believe me you dont need an optical drive, if you want to watch movies just download popcorn time and i dont see how you can make music with an optical drive, you can download everything nowadays, believe me you're gonna regret getting the g4600 with the optical drive

Ok, I will consider. But the cpu is not a g4600 it's a g4560

1 minute ago, Dash1234321 said:

Ok, I will consider. But the cpu is not a g4600 it's a g4560

both suck anyway hahaha, and dont consider, just listen to my advice

At this budget buy a used Dell Optiplex with a Sandy Bridge i5 or i7 and throw in a 1050 or 1050TI and a better PSU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Kakapipi said:

It's a budget!

Just now, Dash1234321 said:

It's a budget!

i know and thats why i told you to get rid of the optical drive, get the optical drive after you saved some money, get the important parts first

Just now, Kakapipi said:

i know and thats why i told you to get rid of the optical drive, get the optical drive after you saved some money, get the important parts first

Smart Smart.

25 minutes ago, Kakapipi said:

Kaby I3s don't make any sense at all whatsoever. OP uses a dGPU, so the iGPU doesn't matter. And you're paying $50 more for what's still a dual core. You could get a Ryzen 1200 at that point. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Kaby I3s don't make any sense at all whatsoever. OP uses a dGPU, so the iGPU doesn't matter. And you're paying $50 more for what's still a dual core. You could get a Ryzen 1200 at that point. 

Are you saying I should stick with the pentium?

Change the RAM to a 1x 8GB stick. That will allow for more upgrades. There's a G. Skill Aegis 3000MHz kit for $95. 

Consider a cheaper case. 

The 550W version of the PSU is available for the same price. Alternatively, save $10 by going for the non-modular version. 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Change the RAM to a 1x 8GB stick. That will allow for more upgrades. There's a G. Skill Aegis 3000MHz kit for $95. 

Consider a cheaper case. 

The 550W version of the PSU is available for the same price. Alternatively, save $10 by going for the non-modular version. 

Could you provide me with a cheaper case that will fit all my components? 

1 minute ago, Dash1234321 said:

Are you saying I should stick with the pentium?

Yes. Or if you can increase the budget by ~$50-80, get a Ryzen. That will get you a much better CPU, and you'll be able to upgrade easier to much more powerful CPUs. 

Just now, Dash1234321 said:

Could you provide me with a cheaper case that will fit all my opponents?

PCPP has filters for compatibility. The cheapest one that shows up should be compatible. 

Just now, seon123 said:

PCPP has filters for compatibility. The cheapest one that shows up should be compatible. 

Thanks! I am going to edit the list and make a new link!

54 minutes ago, Kakapipi said:

Are you stupid? The g4560 is basically an i3 7100...