Help CX550 Vs CX450

Doge99
Go to solution Solved by Stefan Payne,
38 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

@JDE Lol, see what I mean?  He thinks overclocking doesn't make sense, that you can only get an additional 200-300MHz, and that the 4790 (a locked model) could be overclocked at all.

See, that's what I mean with Intel and so on.

The market is so broken that the people accept everything Intel does, even if there is an alternative - like we have right now.

Like a totally locked model that can't really be overclocked at all...

But that also proves the point, does it?? That you can't even overclock may Intel CPUs these days..

With AMD you can overclock much more. All Ryzen are unlocked...

And I meant the 4790K, forgot the K...

Oh and the older 4770 (without K) can be overclocked on some motherboards with older BIOS versions. That is something Intel changed in production!!

PS: get a notebook with Intel i940GML and try installing a T5200 or any other reasonable socket M CPU...

Oh and here's a picture of one of my 3(!!) half way decent Intel Systems I have right now:

DSC_4769-Andere.th.jpg

The other two is an Asus P6T DLX with an L5640 and a Gigabyte X79-UD5 with an i7-3820...

Now show your (last) AMD System...

Right now I have two, one MSI X88-G45 Gaming (at the time the most expensive Board for the socket) and an A10-7850K, the other one is a rather shitty ASUS M3A32 with a Phenom X4 955BE that I bought somewhere in time. The ASUS Board seems to be slightly broken but still works, just doesn't save the BIOS settings...

Hello my PSU has been successfully exploded and cannot provide a power 

I want to buy this of this two PSU and for my build 

Current Build

AMD FX-4300

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0

8GB memory

750ti

Upgrade plan Build

Intel i3 or i5 8th Gen with

What's the price difference? I'd just get the 550 one tbh. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

7 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

450 cost 3,800 inr and 550 cost 4,800 inr about 15.62 USD 

12 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Help me fast I want to morning delivery 

1 minute ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Well, they are both not high end reliable units but in that case get the 550.

The aforementioned RM550 would be a much better choice though. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

the 450w unit is way more than enough for a 750ti and up to a gtx 1080.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

It doesn't really matter, in my opinion, get the cheaper one because both fit your system and you want to spend less money

10 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Well, they are both not high end reliable units but in that case get the 550.

The aforementioned RM550 would be a much better choice though. 

RM 550 cost a lot 180$

34 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Pls help me fast

12 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Pls help me fast

You can't expect people to answer within a few minutes.  Get whichever is cheaper, unless the 550 one is only like $10 more.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You can't expect people to answer within a few minutes.  Get whichever is cheaper, unless the 550 one is only like $10 more.

So what to get

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Get the 550 one if you can.  As everyone has already said.

Ok

7 hours ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Hello my PSU has been successfully exploded and cannot provide a power 

I want to buy this of this two PSU and for my build 

Current Build

AMD FX-4300

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0

8GB memory

750ti

Upgrade plan Build

Intel i3 or i5 8th Gen with

If you want/need a second PCIe connector -> CX550

If you don't need a second PCIe connector and one is enough -> CX450

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Get the 550 one if you can.  As everyone has already said.

Because?!
For his system, a 400W would be plenty.

Why bother with a 550W?!

The _ONLY_ Reason is that the 450W only has one PCIe connector.

And that is the only reason.

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

If you want/need a second PCIe connector -> CX550

If you don't need a second PCIe connector and one is enough -> CX450

12 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Because?!

Why bother with a 550W?!

I order 550 and delivered and have no plan for crossfire or SLI

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Because?!

Why bother with a 550W?!

1. It will be quieter
  2. He will eventually upgrade to keep up with future games, possibly to an overclockable CPU.  Power usage rises exponentially as you increase frequency.  Not having to replace his PSU will save him money.  Good enough now doesn't mean good enough for the future.
  3. It was only a few bucks more.  If it had been more, I would have said stick with the 450W one.
  4. Check your temper man.  You come in every topic screaming about one thing or another, always without all the facts.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:
  1. It will be quieter

That violates the rules of thermodynamics.

WIth the same efficiency and the same plattform (and Heatsinks), the bigger one can not be more quiet.

1. He will eventually upgrade to keep up with future games, possibly to an overclockable CPU.  Power usage rises exponentially as you increase frequency.  Not having to replace his PSU will save him money.  Good enough now doesn't mean good enough for the future.

Dude, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

First: Powerconsumption increases linar with frequency but at the square with voltage.

Second: ATX Specification is 20 Years old and can (or will) be replaced any day now.
So buying "for the future" makes no sense because you don't know when its finally scrapped.

And what some people say is that the new Intel Design Guide 1.4 makes  modern PSU incompatible with upcoming systems (around 2020 or so)...

1. Check your temper man.  You come in every topic screaming about one thing or another, always without all the facts.

Because its annoying if you have to fight against misinformation because people believe but don't know.

9 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:
  1. Check your temper man.  You come in every topic screaming about one thing or another, always without all the facts.

Honestly I agree with this guy in almost every post he makes. It's tough when people say things that are factually false, and no one else agrees with you or recommends something the person doesn't need.

Get the CX450M, it's enough and on a crazy sale.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That violates the rules of thermodynamics.

WIth the same efficiency and the same plattform (and Heatsinks), the bigger one can not be more quiet.

Dude, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...

First: Powerconsumption increases linar with frequency but at the square with voltage.

Second: ATX Specification is 20 Years old and can (or will) be replaced any day now.
So buying "for the future" makes no sense because you don't know when its finally scrapped.

And what some people say is that the new Intel Design Guide 1.4 makes  modern PSU incompatible with upcoming systems (around 2020 or so)...

Because its annoying if you have to fight against misinformation because people believe but don't know.

Efficiency is on a curve. It's not the same at every wattage. 

You're right about the frequency, I meant voltage. My point remains the same though. Assuming he'll ditch his entire system for a change that may or may not happen is silly. 

35 minutes ago, JDE said:

Honestly I agree with this guy in almost every post he makes. It's tough when people say things that are factually false, and no one else agrees with you or recommends something the person doesn't need.

Get the CX450M, it's enough and on a crazy sale.

Have you seen his "everyone who recommendeds Intel is a fanboy" rants? He said single core performance doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure this guy is just a troll.

I don't know what crazy sale you're talking about, but are you sure it was available in his country? 

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

You're right about the frequency, I meant voltage. My point remains the same though. Assuming he'll ditch his entire system for a change that may or may not happen is silly. 

Have you seen his "everyone who recommendeds Intel is a fanboy" rants? He said single core performance doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure this guy is just a troll.

I don't know what crazy sale you're talking about, but are you sure it was available in his country? 

I brought the CX550 and replaced thanks for helping

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

He might not be knowledgeable (idk) in other categories, but I can definitely say he's an expert at PSUs, better than me, STRMfrmXMN or maybe even awesomegamer919. 

Just read another post, nvm

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

19 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not really, but then again, you have to look at the PSU you want.

Look at these 'curves':

http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/enermax_maxtytan/s03.php

http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests/netzteile/seasonic_focus_gold/s03.php

Not much curveture here, more like a line and the difference between peak efficiency and worst part between 20 and 80% isn't really worth talking about. Its what, 2% at most?!

And another 1% to 100% load. But then again, it depends on the unit.

Do you really think that 0,5-1% more/less efficiency really makes a difference?!
And whats with the difference between units?! That 1% idifference s something you can easily have in mass production. Maybe even more...

OC doesn't make much sense these days.

Pin max Turbo core frequency, OK. That's something that still is worth it.

But after that, not so much.

Gone are the days where you could overclock the CPU +50% like in the olden days...

The last ones that were really worth overclocking was the first two Nehalem Plattforms: Bloomfield/Westmere and Lynnfield. Then it was really worth it.

Also with Sandy and Ivy Bridge you could think about it.

But with haswell?? Especially the 4790, not so much...

And with some CPUs it literally makes no sense at all because you can get something like 200 or 300MHz more out of it.

Have you seen his "everyone who recommendeds Intel is a fanboy" rants? He said single core performance doesn't matter.

Yes and the 1.07 Billion Euros that Intel had to pay was an illusion as well, was it??

And the almost 10 Years QUad Core with SMT sold as high end Desktop, with ever decreasing die size but ever increasing price...

If you don't understand what people are saying, ask them. Most will give you a useful answer.

But maybe I'm just thinking 5 steps ahead of you and don't just think about me but the bigger picture as well?

And I'm not insulting other people and call them names if they disagree with me.