Gigabyte 1080 TI Mini ITX model number spotted on Aorus Destiny 2 bundle page...

SaperPL
I think I spotted Gigabyte 1080 TI Mini ITX on Aorus Destiny 2 bundle page. I was curious if my card is valid to redeem destiny 2 bundle from gigabyte and I spotted a model number that looks like 1080TI Mini ITX from Gigabyte, GV-N108TIX-11GD

Yes, I know there's already 1080 TI 'Mini' from Zotac, but it's not ITX-sized, its ~210mm long!

P0ChVgV.png

Full page screenshot https://i.imgur.com/iT9kbhe.png

Google won't find anything for this model number, while every other card model number leads at least to the gigabyte's page, so I assume it's unannounced yet. I also didn't find anything about 1080 TI mini from gigabyte either.

It looks like 1080TI Mini ITX to me because:

1) Gigabyte 1080 TI models are marked with 108T and 11GD marks the 11GB model like the base 1080TI:

2) Gigabyte Mini ITX models are marked with IX:

3) Gigabyte 1080 Mini ITX (GV-N1080IX-8GD) is also on that list, just higher between 1080's so it doesn't seem like a typo.

Am I late to the party for not knowing that Gigabyte is making 1080 TI Mini ITX ? Or did Aorus website really leak that info?

I think most people jnew this was coming but you are the first to confirm afaik

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

you should be good. their latest mini card was the 1080 non ti if i remember right

I have this gigabyte 1080 mini itx, that's why it's selected on the screenshot :P

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Zotac's.

We're talking specifically about Gigabyte's 1080TI model here and VegetableStu is correct - so far Gigabyte has just started selling 1080 Mini ITX two months ago both as standalone unit and inside Aorus Gaming Box (thunderbolt E-GPU enclosure for laptops) although slightly modified to use huge fan in the latter version.

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

wait hold the horses. GV-N1080IX-8GD that’s the 1080 mini

www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-N1080IX-8GD#kf

Yes, that's the unit I have, and that's why it's selected in top of the drop-down menu, while the GV-N108TIX-11GD, possibly the 1080TI Mini ITX, is highlighted on the open drop-down menu list.

You can confirm it's there on the list if you're not against registering on aorus website just to see that or you already have an account there. Actually it would be good if someone confirmed this before gigabyte catches up and takes it down :P.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

hang on (x2), @SaperPL are you the Dr Zaber? (not sure if I got this link right) o_o

If you mean from, then yeah, I am, you can check that in the threads I started :)

29 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I assumed they meant that as all mini 10 series.  And, Zotac is usually the one who pushes one.  But, that's a1080.

Yes, you're right, Zotac already has a 1080TI Mini, but that's not really an ITX format GPU, it's slightly longer, that's why Gigabyte's 1080TI Mini ITX (if exists/is planned) is newsworthy.

As I answered VegetableStu about the 1080/1080TI model numbers confusion on the screenshot I provided:

37 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Yes, that's the unit I have, and that's why it's selected in top of the drop-down menu, while the GV-N108TIX-11GD, possibly the 1080TI Mini ITX, is highlighted on the open drop-down menu list.

I hope that clears out the confusion.

20 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah i was thinking “why is that name so familiar” and went to SFF to check, LOL. hi!

Hi :)

5 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

We're talking specifically about Gigabyte model which hopefully is an ITX sized card meaning it's ~170mm long as other Gigabyte Mini ITX models while Zotac has it's Mini Series slightly longer, roughly ~210mm long. Both vendors make those Mini cards slightly 'oversized' though - the PCB is taller then the reference models to accommodate required components.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

-snip-

Got me before i could edit aha. Realized aftee i hit post. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I really really really hope this exists. That would be the perfect card for a case I was previously looking at, which would put it back on the table! If not, I'll fulfill my order for the Ghost.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This is actually a really cool find!

I wonder which direction GIgabyte would try to go with; bigger PCB/heatsink like Zotac or downclock the GPU a bit to keep thermals in check. Casue making a 1080ti the same size as their other itx cards would be an amaing engineering feat.

And on the topic of  itx GPUs, I wonder if the teased Nano version of AMD's Vega RX GPU (RX NANO?) that was shown when Vega originaly launched could keep up to a downclocked 1080ti or would they perform similarly

On 24.12.2017 at 8:42 AM, FourCorners said:

This is actually a really cool find!

I wonder which direction GIgabyte would try to go with; bigger PCB/heatsink like Zotac or downclock the GPU a bit to keep thermals in check. Casue making a 1080ti the same size as their other itx cards would be an amaing engineering feat.

And on the topic of  itx GPUs, I wonder if the teased Nano version of AMD's Vega RX GPU (RX NANO?) that was shown when Vega originaly launched could keep up to a downclocked 1080ti or would they perform similarly

This card could feature that huge gigabyte fan that is attached to 1080 Mini in Aorus Gaming box for example while also being even taller than 1080 Mini.

06COPuH.jpg

As for the RX (Vega) Nano, since Vega is already something in between 1070 and 1080, why would you want to compare it to downclocked 1080TI? Or why would you want to downclock 1080TI Mini if it were to be on par with Vega 64/1080?

On 12/24/2017 at 4:15 AM, SaperPL said:

As for the RX (Vega) Nano, since Vega is already something in between 1070 and 1080, why would you want to compare it to downclocked 1080TI? Or why would you want to downclock 1080TI Mini if it were to be on par with Vega 64/1080?

I meant that the perfomance of the RX Nano could be close to a mini version of the GTX 1080 ti if it was downclocked out of the box for themal reasons.

But yeah, the current stock or even overlclocked Vega 64s can't even keep up with the 1080ti and is more comparable to the 1080

3 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

no pic? 

I've spotted the model number on Aorus form, not a physical card on a video or photo. It means that there at least is/was a project to 'minify' 1080TI since this model number somehow got to the form.