Your chances of winning the Intel Extreme Giveaway

jaypro

Even if i would win this some how O.o some one would steal it at the post office, don't ask.....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

People can easily make 20 different accounts and post 20 different times, Linus & Slick should make sure those guys are disqualified .
I don't like how hundreds of people join the forum only to enter... They'll probably never come back

People can easily make 20 different accounts and post 20 different times, Linus & Slick should make sure those guys are disqualified .
I really don't mind that, what really gets to me is that I'm 100% sure some people made a gazzillion accounts to get the most entries & I think that's cheating.

Slick should cross reference IPs and disqualify posts with the same IP Address.

yeah im sure there is some sort of program to cross reference the ip's im sure there is at least 300 people that made about 10 accounts this is going to be unfair

@toxiclegend

Now that you called us clever and made public our plan to attract users, we are going to have to have you take a swim with the fishies.

@people worrying about multiple accounts made to increase chances

There is a method to compare ips but that is ONLY for the forum. I also cannot vouch that it will be used but have no fear because it is possible and knowing slick, he will strive to make sure that the winner won fair and square.

Good luck and may the force be with you

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

@toxiclegend

Now that you called us clever and made public our plan to attract users, we are going to have to have you take a swim with the fishies.

@people worrying about multiple accounts made to increase chances

There is a method to compare ips but that is ONLY for the forum. I also cannot vouch that it will be used but have no fear because it is possible and knowing slick, he will strive to make sure that the winner won fair and square.

Good luck and may the force be with you

:O!!! What type of fishies!! *Rolls Eyes* Good job I can swim :P

Yeah you could check all the IPs but then you also run into the problem of people who share an internet connection, or even a PC in a family household. It could be unfair for them too, not saying that cheating is right but you just have to be careful, sure if there is like 10 accounts on the same IP that's a bit odd, but 1 or 2 seems about right.

I am just happy I have a small chance of winning. In any case, it's really kind of Intel and Gigabyte to do a 'giveaway' this good!

more of a chance than winning the lottery at least...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Number of 1-time posters: 7087

all i took from this, is this was not a well done giveaway to attract traffic in the LTT forum. should have made a 5 post requirement or something.

edit: i meant that it could have been done differently to attract more continuous traffic instead of the people that only log in for the giveaways and such.

I guess you're right :P then the comp would only be open to like 30 dudes

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I was thinking about this exact point the other day. An IP address doesn't equal a person :/ what about say a bunch of mates signing up for this at a lan party. Makes you wonder ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

If a user that joined during the giveaway, and only has 1 post since the giveaway wins...I will be so mad

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Number of 1-time posters: 7087

all i took from this, is this was not a well done giveaway to attract traffic in the LTT forum. should have made a 5 post requirement or something.

edit: i meant that it could have been done differently to attract more continuous traffic instead of the people that only log in for the giveaways and such.

I guess you're right :P then the comp would only be open to like 30 dudes

but then that means with my 4 entries i would have about a 9% chance of winning.

i'm all for that :P i've never won ANYTHING in my life, except for one thing at a fair before (an enormous spongebob for the gf)

@Toxic

Not with cement bricks on your feet

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

@Toxic

Not with cement bricks on your feet

Ah, well that'd be a problem =[ Cement doesn't seem to float very well. Such a friendly Mod team haha, taking me on a fishing trip and supplying me with bricks to start building something! Cheers! :P

Well losing is part of winning.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

While these odds are rather interesting, one statistic does stand out to me:

You sir, have far too much time on your hands.

Nevertheless, I'm going to take this opportunity to cache in my 3% Irish in me and hope my luck is in.

Well actually if you think about it, it's just simple math... But the research might take an extra 5 minutes or less. The equation won't take even 2 minutes. Just pointing it out there...

if they were giving away 10' date='000 prizes :p[/quote']

I bet with my luck to win competitions, if they gave away 10 000 CPUs & MBs, I would totally be one of those 8 people who didn't win anything.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I asked them about this topic, they assured me they were looking at it and can determine if people did this.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

Linus did tweet me back saying that they would disqualify people who made multiple accounts to gain multiple entries .

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I hate math.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.