Which Motherboard Would you Choose?

Looking for a motherboard for my Ryzen 5 1600

What should I get? Spending from around £100-£150

Might overclock later down the line

Planning on getting 16gb of Corsair LPX RAM so should be compatible with most boards

Any other motherboard suggestions that I should consider? Looking for an all black /silver build

Gigabyte AORUS AX370-GAMING K5- £145

Gigabyte AORUS AX370-GAMING K5 AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATAe ATX Motherboard - Black

B350 Asus Strix- £120

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F Socket AM4 AMD B350 DDR4 S-ATA 600 ATX Gaming Motherboard - Black

MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON- £114.97 

5167pK9B0UL.jpg

15 minutes ago, Ryan_1998 said:

Planning on getting 16gb of Corsair LPX RAM so should be compatible with most boards

Any other motherboard suggestions that I should consider? Looking for an all black /silver build

B350 Asus Strix- £120

I would go with an x370 board possibly the strix one but I don't know if that's your budget 

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

ASUS imo, they sell a lot more motherboards than other manufacturers and seem to have less issues per boards sold.

Their UEFI and fan control stuff is also the best.

LTT also uses only asus boards for all their benchmarking.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The msi is trash meh, get the aorus (gaming 5 is actually better) or an x370 prime-pro.  The b350 strix isnt bad but it pales in comparison to the two I mentioned.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

14 minutes ago, Ryan_1998 said:

B350 Asus Strix- £120

I would go with this one https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-grade-asus-rog-strix-x370-f-amd-x370-socket-am4-ddr4-atx-motherboard-bg-93i-as.html it's a little out of budget 

if it wasent for the extremely shitty experience i have had with ASUS and especially their motherboards i would have said ASUS, but look if you cant get something from ASRock seeing as they make some of the best Ryzen boards

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if it wasent for the extremely shitty experience i have had with ASUS and especially their motherboards i would have said ASUS, but look if you cant get something from ASRock seeing as they make some of the best Ryzen boards

ASRock is a daughter company from astekinc better know as Asus producing the cheaper motherboards. so why would ASRock be better than an Asus strix motherboard I just can't find out the answer please tell me 

Just now, ricksteendam1 said:

ASRock is a daughter company from astekinc better know as Asus  

so? that dosent change how great of an experience i have had with them compared to ASUS. ASRock support is solid, their motherboards have been great on me and when i did have one spontaniously die they just replaced it no questions asked, compare that to my experience with ASUS who have treated me like shit and everything ASUS i have had has broken nearly instantly

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

ASRock is a daughter company from astekinc better know as Asus  producing the cheaper motherboards

ASRock has no affiliation to ASUS. that changed back in 2002. then in 2010 was acquired by Pegatron (oe producer) that ASUS spun off.

I'd look for Prime X370 Pro or Gigabyte Gaming 5

From these three is Carbon the best option

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM