eVGA old video card trade in contest

NumLock21

Do you like to keep your old hardware?

Do you have any eVGA video cards laying around your house?

If you do and happened to own an eVGA GeForce4 MX440 with the ACS cooler or eVGA GeForce4 Ti 4400 and 4600 with the ACS2 cooler, then eVGA will be happy to take those cards from you. In return they will give you $1,000 of their digital currency which is equal to $1,000 USD, where you can then buy new parts for your PC through their online store.

Contest Rules:

It's quite simple, if you have one of these graphics cards today, EVGA wants it and will pay you 1,000 EVGA Bucks for it! This Miracle is available for a maximum of 3 ACS owners and 3 ACS2 owners. Just be one of the first 3 registered owners of either card to submit your information to participate in this exchange!

Qualifying Part Numbers:

• ACS Part Numbers:
    • 064-A4-NV70-5K
    • 064-A4-NV70-A1
    • 064-A4-NV70-A2
    • 064-A4-NV70-S1
    • 064-A4-NV70-S2
    • 128-A4-NV71-S1
  • ACS2 Part Numbers:
    • 128-A4-NV83-A1
    • 128-A4-NV83-S1
    • 128-A4-NV83-S3
    • 128-A8-NV85-BX
    • 128-A8-NV85-R1

How To Submit Your Entry:

1. Register EVGA GeForce4 graphics card (must be one of listed part numbers above)
  2. Submit your serial number below (Serial Numbers are located on the back of the card or under your My Products section)
  3. If you are one of the first qualifying 3 registered owners to submit you entry, then EVGA will contact you via email.
  4. Winners will be asked to send your card to the EVGA HQ and the 1,000 in EVGA bucks is yours!

Note:

First 3 ACS and the first 3 ACS2 qualifying owners will be contacted with further information. Please do not send in your graphics card if you are not a winner or if you were not given directions by EVGA to do so.

Winner will be selected and contacted on Monday, December 18, 2017

255-1c.jpg

255-2b.jpg

https://www.evga.com/articles/01177/evga-christmas-miracle/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I'm confused.

They say you get 1,000 of their digital currency, which according to this page is worth 1,000 of whatever your local currency is.

EVGA Bucks are essentially equal to one virtual (1) US Dollar or one virtual (1) Euro, depending on region, and used like a gift certificate in our online store. EVGA Bucks are given in full 1 Buck denominations and are indivisible.

But in the official terms and conditions they say 

Six (6) Grand Prizes are available to exchange one of the qualifying graphics cards for 1,000 in EVGA Bucks. Three Grand Prizes are available for EVGA GeForce4 Ti 4600 ACS2 owners, and Three Grand Prizes are available for EVGA GeForce4 MX 440 ACS owners.

Total Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize is $1.00 USD.

So each grand prize is 1,000 EVGA Bucks.......and 1,000 EVGA Bucks = 1,000 in your local currency......and yet somehow 1,000 in your local currency also equals 1.00 USD?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

8 minutes ago, mvitkun said:

I'm confused.

They say you get 1,000 of their digital currency, which according to this page is worth 1,000 of whatever your local currency is.

So each grand prize is 1,000 EVGA Bucks.......and 1,000 EVGA Bucks = 1,000 in your local currency......and yet somehow 1,000 in your local currency also equals 1.00 USD?

Great way to fuck someone over when in doubt :D

Just now, Matu20 said:

Either I'm being dense or somebody messed up. I'm sure it doesn't matter, the approximate worth would only matter if they decide to devalue their digital currency to save 6 grand.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

17 minutes ago, mvitkun said:

Either I'm being dense or somebody messed up. I'm sure it doesn't matter, the approximate worth would only matter if they decide to devalue their digital currency to save 6 grand.

I think somebody messed up, EVGA has always been consumer friendly.

Haha very cool. I'm guessing they're trying to get one of every card they've made for some kind of display or something. Smart way to go about it, especially since the $1,000 value is considerably less once you factor in their cost.

31 minutes ago, mvitkun said:

I'm confused.

I'd imagine it's either one or both of these:

• Tax. If you have to pay tax on your prize, you don't want to be paying tax on the $1,000 do you?
  • Their digital currency technically holds no value in the sense of currency conversion.
22 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Haha. No.

21 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

They probably need to declare a (small) cash equivalent for legal (and possibly taxation) purposes.

Winner winner.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

30 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha very cool. I'm guessing they're trying to get one of every card they've made for some kind of display or something. Smart way to go about it, especially since the $1,000 value is considerably less once you factor in their cost.

I'd imagine it's either one or both of these:

• Tax. If you have to pay tax on your prize, you don't want to be paying tax on the $1,000 do you?
  • Their digital currency technically holds no value in the sense of currency conversion.

Haha. No.

Winner winner.

People who are going to report this to their tax authority will report the right amount and people who won't probably won't report it at all.

How is it any less morally ambiguous to report $1 of winnings to your tax authority than to omit the winnings entirely when you'll use that "$1 of winnings", in addition with 99¢+S&H, to buy something worth ~$1000?

Linus Sebastian said:

9 minutes ago, mvitkun said:

People who are going to report this to their tax authority will report the right amount and people who won't probably won't report it at all.

How is it any less morally ambiguous to report $1 of winnings to your tax authority than to omit the winnings entirely when you'll use that "$1 of winnings", in addition with 99¢+S&H, to buy something worth ~$1000?

Uh, what? You wouldn't report it if you win. It would be automatically applied. Aka, want the prize, pay the tax amount.

EVGA likely eats the tax amount that would have been paid by the winner, and writes it off as a tax deduction.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I dont agree with this being news/reviews worthy topic. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

32 minutes ago, Thony said:

I dont agree with this being news/reviews worthy topic. 

Oh my, the amount of stuff posted here and something actually related to tech you don't agree with being news worthy? Report it then.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

11 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Oh my, the amount of stuff posted here and something actually related to tech you don't agree with being news worthy? Report it then.

Well its not news nor a review, its like a giveaway or a deal.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

FMD. I've only got an EVGA Geforce 6200A 512MB. Though TBH, I'm not sure if I'd part with it since it is far better than my 256MB Geforce FX5500 (with 32bit colour mode being faster than 16bit instead of half the speed).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Yeah.  Archive, display, photoshoot, something like that.  I guess they were not proactive in keeping samples of every SKU in storage but at least they're trying to correct it.

12 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

i guarantee prices on ebay for these particular cards will raise into the several hundred dollars now. 

Use your brain for five seconds here... If these GPUs could be just FOUND on eBay, EVGA would have quietly bought them on eBay instead of running a contest that would cost more money as well as consume personal resources which would cost additional money.  In a quick search I see no examples on eBay (And I'm not surprised)  And right now if anyone read this news and has one of these cards, putting it on eBay would be STUPID because they could make more money by sending it to EVGA for $1000 in store credit.  

8 hours ago, Thony said:

I purposely put this here for a reason. If I don't see it as important, then I would have placed this in the deals sections.

And hell is it with your setup

You name your computer CPU? A i7 4790 mobo, Z97-A ram, MSI GTX1060 PSU. What you got 3 coolers, Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB?!

Hyper Evo 212 case?  FinalMouse Keyboard, K70 RGB OS.

Did you buy your stuffs from a legit site? :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

10 hours ago, mvitkun said:

I'm confused.

You must have gotten the Canadian site by mistake.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Thony said:

It's news about a promotion that evga is doing. I mean it might not be the same type of news you are used to but that doesn't make it not news.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Their digital currency technically holds no value in the sense of currency conversion.

This, it's no difference to coupons, i dont think the Tax law in Ontario has any effect on this either as EVGA is doing it as a rebate, but i could be wrong

Site also states it can't be used for tax or shipping etc, so one might be charged full tax amount. Not sure never used it myself.

Anyways, by putting a face value on it the winner can't go out and sell it for anything more than $1 even tho it's worth far more. Most coupons i have seen have this as well but at 1/10th of a cent or even 1/100th. Basically if you sell it the taxman could go after you for income tax if sold for more than $1 xD Plus 1000 EVGA bucks is like 1000 Bitcoins, only as valuable as those willing to use/support it, Swagbucks did something along these lines a few years ago by multiplying requirements by 10 but only giving out the same payouts for your searches.

7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

It's news about a promotion that evga is doing. I mean it might not be the same type of news you are used to but that doesn't make it not news.

Sure it's news but so is a person getting ran over by a SAE Level 1 car... Yet i dont see those getting here... The point is this contest is pointed towards a select few and not the masses which i would expect to be here. This is more like a promotional gimmick for long term clients, early adapters etc. Now if they issued a Titan V or a 1080 Ti limited edition or a contest for one to celebrate the 15 years of ACS with EVGA then sure it's technically news, but to me this doesn't belong here.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

This, it's no difference to coupons, i dont think the Tax law in Ontario has any effect on this either as EVGA is doing it as a rebate, but i could be wrong

Site also states it can't be used for tax or shipping etc, so one might be charged full tax amount. Not sure never used it myself.

Anyways, by putting a face value on it the winner can't go out and sell it for anything more than $1 even tho it's worth far more. Most coupons i have seen have this as well but at 1/10th of a cent or even 1/100th. Basically if you sell it the taxman could go after you for income tax if sold for more than $1 xD Plus 1000 EVGA bucks is like 1000 Bitcoins, only as valuable as those willing to use/support it, Swagbucks did something along these lines a few years ago by multiplying requirements by 10 but only giving out the same payouts for your searches.

Sure it's news but so is a person getting ran over by a SAE Level 1 car... Yet i dont see those getting here... The point is this contest is pointed towards a select few and not the masses which i would expect to be here. This is more like a promotional gimmick for long term clients, early adapters etc. Now if they issued a Titan V or a 1080 Ti limited edition or a contest for one to celebrate the 15 years of ACS with EVGA then sure it's technically news, but to me this doesn't belong here.

this is tech news section. this is new about a promotion created by a tech company so it definitely belongs.

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

this is tech news section. this is new about a promotion created by a tech company so it definitely belongs.

So a promotion by google something like send your google glass that's not associated by a business (i was able to get one, just the price was not logical for me) we'll give you $1000 in adwords credit can join the fun then if it existed or was to happen? even tho it's 100% useless to 99.9999% of us?

Apparently so. Somethings shouldn't be here. This topic is one of them, to me it belongs in Hot Deals or the GPU discussion section, not here.

4 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

I purposely put this here for a reason. If I don't see it as important, then I would have placed this in the deals sections.

And hell is it with your setup

You name your computer CPU? A i7 4790 mobo, Z97-A ram, MSI GTX1060 PSU. What you got 3 coolers, Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB?!

Hyper Evo 212 case?  FinalMouse Keyboard, K70 RGB OS.

Did you buy your stuffs from a legit site? :P

It makes a bit more sense if you look at the comma as the separator:

My baby:

CPU - i7-4790,

MB - Z97-A,

RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb,

GPU - MSI GTX 1060,

PSU - CXM 600,

Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB,

Cooler - Hyper Evo 212,

Case - Corsair Carbide 200R,

Monitor - LG 24MB35PY-B 24", Benq  XL2430T 144Hz,

Mouse - FinalMouse,

Keyboard -K70 RGB,

OS - Win 10 Home,

Audio - DT990 Pro,

Phone - Nexus 5X

It's a decent rig, don't go too hard on them :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

So a promotion by google something like send your google glass that's not associated by a business (i was able to get one, just the price was not logical for me) we'll give you $1000 in adwords credit can join the fun then if it existed or was to happen? even tho it's 100% useless to 99.9999% of us?

Apparently so. Somethings shouldn't be here. This topic is one of them, to me it belongs in Hot Deals or the GPU discussion section, not here.

You see while you may think it's irrelevant to people that don't own an evga card I would say that is entirely up to the person. I personally find this news interesting even though I don't own any evga cards. 

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

You see while you may think it's irrelevant to people that don't own an evga card I would say that is entirely up to the person. I personally find this news interesting even though I don't own any evga cards. 

I own EVGA, just not a GeForce 4 series, I could've owned one if i worked at the "legal" age and saved (had enough time to do so) but the cost of getting one plus everything else minus Min wage at the time ($6.85 less taxes), wasn't worth it nor feasible considering the 7600 i got a few years later, and back then not actually needing a computer unlike kids now. This means this is really for those who are pushing 35 years or older now, if i was 5 or more years older i likely would of owned one from this gen, but like @Coaxialgamer it probably wasn't going to be EVGA, for me it was likely going to be BFG at the time.

This means this promo is aiming for a niche market (those who buy GPU's) in a niche market (those old enough to of bought one of the 2 specific GPU's) in a niche market (those that horde shit). While i dont have my 7600 anymore i do have everything else afterwards, but BFG isn't going to come back and say HEY we'll give $1000 for your BFG 210... Someone old in EVGA likely just wants to stare at something before they retire, or maybe a cruel retirement gift...

FREAKING LOVE site where the title ends with " * ", but there is no * anywhere else on the page explaining what is mean or what restriction is applied ... :/:/:/