Not very smart smart watch

d3sl91

Hey All, 

I will be heading overseas to the middle of nowhere Madagascar in January. I have had an LG G watch for a couple years, but no longer have/use it (its in storage across the country). 

I'd like the option of a smartwatch, but need something that I can turn off the smartwatch features to get several days (at least) of time-telling out of it if I know that I will be heading out into no-power zones. 

What is out there that can get several days (easily) battery life if I kill the smartwatch features and just use it as a watch?

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I would just get a regular watch, durable, reliable and will work for months. Doesn't need to be expensive either.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm in love with the Huawei Watch 2 (Classic) should definitely check it out 20 days or so in watch mode, 2 days in normal mode

Garmin vivoactive, I have had one for about a year and it lasts 2-3 weeks between charges. Not as many apps as the big boys but plenty for what I use it for and it really lasts forever on a charge

On 12/14/2017 at 1:00 AM, d3sl91 said:

Hey All, 

I'd like the option of a smartwatch, but need something that I can turn off the smartwatch features to get several days (at least) of time-telling out of it if I know that I will be heading out into no-power zones. 

What is out there that can get several days (easily) battery life if I kill the smartwatch features and just use it as a watch?

If you just need time, do as samcool55 said and buy a regular watch and use it when you go off the grid.

Or maybe I understand the question wrong and you want just one watch with proper smarts and don't want to carry a second regular watch. In that case, these are watches I used and think might work for your case.

> Pebble watches last 5 days even with smarts turned on. Notifications on all models and tracking features included on "Time" models. No Google assistant though

>Nokia Steel HR. A hybrid with physical analog face and a small display for simple information. They claim, it will last up to 25 days on charge. But It only shows phone calls, SMS and calendar reminders. Notifications from third party apps is possible in the future but who knows when they'll get to it. This is why i returned it.

> Amazfit Pace I'm trying out now was on 50% after 2 days use with smart functions before I put it on a charger. It will probably last 5-6 days without those. I'll test that sometime. Has proper smart functions you would expect from a fitness tracker and notifications but again. No google assistant. 

> Haven't tried this one yet but Hugo Boss smart Classic looks good too.