What do you guys want to see in 2018?

I’m really excited to see more laptops like the gigabyte aero 15. I wanna see a bezelless screen geared to the higher end with less gamer aesthetic. I’m excited to see the price to performance gains with the new i7 8550u and Volta coming soon. Would love to see a reasonably priced, thin, bezelless 1080p i7 8550u with great battery life and cooling (helped by the 15w nature of the cpu) with a Volta equivalen to the 1060 (a 1080p beast). What are you guys excited to see in 2018?

More CPU war! 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

i really, really wish for intel to stop making these stupid decisions :P

also, i hope AMD gets to be a top dog in the GPU market again too. should definitely help with 1080Ti prices and hopefully also the Volta gaming cards!

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i really, really wish for intel to stop making these stupid decisions :P

also, i hope AMD gets to be a top dog in the GPU market again too. should definitely help with 1080Ti prices and hopefully also the Volta gaming cards!

Yeah I would love to see what amd has coming up. Maybe an rx 680 is in order :P

i'm excited to see intel brought out core i7-U chips that have 4 cores, which means that my battered old laptop might finally be relieved of duty.

I want volta and my perfect case. Please some company hear my cries. I want a mid tower mesh front panel, tempered glass side panel, psu to sit in the back like how its done on the lian li pc 09 and 08(must have rubber grommets because these 2 dont). Come in a dark grey or silver. SSD and HDD tray in the back with the psu. While still having support for 120 and 140mm fans on top and front. Thats it thats all I want. Also once again give me volta nvidia.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

11 minutes ago, Biggerjaws said:

What are you guys excited to see in 2018?

a Raspberry pi 4 with 2/4GB ddr 3, octa core cpu, still at under 5w power draw, to cpu mine alt coins very slowly :)

16 minutes ago, Biggerjaws said:

Volta equivalen to the 1060 (a 1080p beast)

Probably not gonna happen on the laptop platform, but maybe on the desktop platform.  A 15W CPU would probably throttle a 1060 equivalent anyway,

It would be cool to see the laptop equivalent of the galaxy s8, basically bezel-less, light, thin

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

Scalability, that's all I need to say. Getting rid of monolithic dies will increase performance dramatically.

53 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Probably not gonna happen on the laptop platform, but maybe on the desktop platform.  A 15W CPU would probably throttle a 1060 equivalent anyway,

The i7 8550u is actually quite powerful (4 cores, hyperthreading, and up to 4ghz

57 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Also it’s about equivalent to the 7700hq and the 6700hq

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A Raspberry Pi 4 with 2+Gb memory

Scrapyard Wars

I actually really love the RPi, I have a B+ setup as an internet connected camera and a 3 setup as a weather station :)

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Biggerjaws said:

The i7 8550u is actually quite powerful (4 cores, hyperthreading, and up to 4ghz

For something in a thin-and-light, yeah I agree.

3 hours ago, Biggerjaws said:

Also it’s about equivalent to the 7700hq and the 6700hq

Not really..

First, off the U series processors are 15W ultrabook processors, made for nothing more than browsing Facebook and the like.  The H series processors are generally used in gaming laptops and workstation class laptops. 

You're right in that the 8550U can go up to 4Ghz, but that is in a very short boost and only on one core.  This processor isn't meant to stay under load for a long amount of time.  It does slightly better in single core workloads, but most games and intensive tasks aren't single core workloads.

The 7700HQ is made to run at high frequencies for long periods of time, which is why it's used in gaming laptops and workstation laptops.  It does way better in multi core workloads, and is about 10% slower in single core workloads.

If the 8550U was about equivalent to the 7700HQ and 6700HQ, why isn't it being used instead of the 7700HQ and the 6700HQ? 

Source-http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_7700hq-690-vs-intel_core_i7_8550u-770

32 minutes ago, Computers_And_Tech_Is_Cool said:

I actually really love the RPi, I have a B+ setup as an internet connected camera and a 3 setup as a weather station :)

I like it too, I'd just like it more if it had more RAM personally.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like it too, I'd just like it more if it had more RAM personally.

Yeah, the b+ is pretty sluggish doing just about anything online or demanding, but for the price, you can't beat it (especially the zero).

Lover of Linux.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

clevo P750/775/870 or MSI 16L13 with a Ryzen 8-core desktop CPU+Nvidia Volta Gpu

Spoiler