Deleted my documents folder, overclocking ram and CPU.

StabHD

Hello guys, I accidentally deleted the Documents file that comes with windows when you install the OS and i want to know how i can get it back. I could create a doc folder but it would just linger in my desktop. Another problem im having is that my ram would now overclock to 3200MHZ and my Bios wont let me change the clock speed for my ryzen 7 1700 CPU. The clock is locked for some reason. I was about to overclock it at 1 point but now i cant. any solutions? thanks and good night.IMG_4845.thumb.JPG.2a3d00239b5a17dbe12fb71dcde15a43.JPG

You can still recover your Documents folder from the recycle bin if you haven't emptied it yet.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

the documents folder is not on the desktop, it's in c:\users\"your account name"\documents
but it might be better if you made a new account so it would generate all user folders automatically..

the screenshot you provided shows your ram running at 2666. not 3200

have you tried resetting bios?

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Restore Windows to point before delete. Or just create new account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Changis said:

the documents folder is not on the desktop, it's in c:\users\"your account name"\documents
but it might be better if you made a new account so it would generate all user folders automatically..

the screenshot you provided shows your ram running at 2666. not 3200

have you tried resetting bios?

If o try to put my ram to 3200mhz. The system goes on some sort of safty mode and puts me back into bios.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Restore Windows to point before delete. Or just create new account.

Is there a way to create a new documents folder without it lingering in the desktop? I did not have anything in the doc folder btw

1 minute ago, StabHD said:

Is there a way to create a new documents folder without it lingering in the desktop? I did not have anything in the doc folder btw

I'm pretty sure it had stuff in there. Its where most software store their config files. And if you create it under Users/username/ it is as close to origal as you can by not actually making it again. I would still recommend creating new user. Much less hassle if this is rather new Widnows install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, StabHD said:

If o try to put my ram to 3200mhz. The system goes on some sort of safty mode and puts me back into bios.

this is because your ram is rated for 3000 and 2400.. having that 2400 stick in there wil make the 3000mhz run at max 2666, effectively bottlenecking your 16 gigs.. remove the extra 4 gig stick and run the 3000mhz ram at 3000mhz

as for your documents folder, you could try pressing win+r for the run command, type "sysprep" without the " and run sysprep in the newly opened folder window as administrator, mark "generalize" and press ok, this should run you through the user and computer configuration you did when you first installed your computer. set everything up as it was, and hopefully your user account should be back with all folders etc.

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

3 hours ago, Changis said:

this is because your ram is rated for 3000 and 2400.. having that 2400 stick in there wil make the 3000mhz run at max 2666, effectively bottlenecking your 16 gigs.. remove the extra 4 gig stick and run the 3000mhz ram at 3000mhz

as for your documents folder, you could try pressing win+r for the run command, type "sysprep" without the " and run sysprep in the newly opened folder window as administrator, mark "generalize" and press ok, this should run you through the user and computer configuration you did when you first installed your computer. set everything up as it was, and hopefully your user account should be back with all folders etc.

I have the G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200. Any solutions? it is a voltage problem? And why is my Cpu clock thing locked? I one  point it was not locked