GTXA 1070 Amp! edition Safe OC with firestorm ?

QueenObama
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

First and foremost. - NEW OVERCLOCKERS - It's a lot safer than it used to be, but still carry Caution.

Pascal GPU rules - They AUTO declock at certain temp targets BEFORE your maxtarget is reached.

Passing 50*c will lower the coreclock 13Mhz, and every 5*c or so (not exact) it will drop 13Mhz...also it can hold steady if the power target holds steady and temps are maintained,.. this will vary card to card (bios limits set by manufacturer)

This is why Watercooling Pascal to keep clocks under "throttling temp targets" say 35-45*c it wont hit the 50*c 13-26Mhz deficit or worse...

So keeping the fan at a decent rate (you can not be annoyed with) around 50-60*c on the fan curve... and you may hold up temps well enough to not drop so much. Power Target at Max will not not add extra voltage over stock, but it may just hold a higher clock at the same typical voltage.
This is all you really need to do for the Core.

Because if you add voltage...to gain 25-100Mhz it adds heat, then you downclock 13-50Mhz or more anyway... but being way hotter than previously and gaining bugger all performance. You could try adding 50-100Mhz to the Core but this is going to be a few fps difference or less VS a few degrees difference, as TurboBoost3 has already done 95% of the climbing for you.
Turbo boost 3 (with Power at max) will take you within 50-100+mhz of your manual OC maximum, so there is really no need (for your limited experience) with Turbo Boost 3.0 doing the work for you, adding a touch of voltage may get you another 13-26Mhz or so...

What you CAN tinker with and get legit results, is fan profile curves, and memory clocks.
Memory clocks being unstable are easy to see, artifacting and corruption of your display.
Add 200Mhz to Vram to start, if it can't do that without crashing, then I wouldn't bother, save your temps, go back to stock+powertarget at max and tweak fan curves.
If you are stable, add 50Mhz each stable test (15mins or so in a 3D app that HEAVILY loads the GPU) until you find instability.
Some people can get 650Mhz extra from memoryclocks, some can't get 100Mhz more out of them.
Trial and Error..

This is why NO ONE EVER..EVER, can tell you what clocks YOU need to run on THAT GPU.
But best of luck, don't shy from posting results here, we can still help nail down things after the tests.

With my GTX 10 70 its set to 1797 MHz and 0 % memory Clock and 100% Power and 83 GPU tekmp target by default in firestorm, what can i boost all these to safely to get a bit extra performance.

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway

You can push it high until it gets unstable or issues occur like artifacts show up

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

16 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

You can push it high until it gets unstable or issues occur like artifacts show up

Wow this really was the worst info i could've gotten, no shit i just dont know whats a safe boost i dont need to know i can over clock something that is overclock able 

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

6 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

Wow this really was the worst info i could've gotten, no shit i just dont know whats a safe boost i dont need to know i can over clock something that is overclock able 

lmao, dont ask about safety and then shit on someone for saying it will be safe, youre clearly a big boy, go oc and report back...

Just now, ImNotThere said:

lmao, dont ask about safety and then shit on someone for saying it will be safe, youre clearly a big boy, go oc and report back...

All i need is a number, how hard is it to say oh 2000 is safe, or something you dont gotta tell me to do shit THAT is the whole point is asking so you dont need to comment if you dont have anything useful so fuck off

Listen, Smile, Agree. 

Just now, QueenObama said:

All i need is a number, how hard is it to say oh 2000 is safe, or something you dont gotta tell me to do shit THAT is the whole point is asking so you dont need to comment if you dont have anything useful so fuck off

lmao, you must play league, 2000 is a well binned 1070, the amp edition 1080ti is dog poop at cooling so i have no idea about temps, memory is however high you take it

youre asking for a definitive answer on clocks when you are litterally playing the lottery, each 1070 will oc differently, you can crank that temp slider higher if you feel comfortable

that useful for you?

2 minutes ago, QueenObama said:

Every card is different.. Yours might be a good OC-er, someone else could've a shitty OC-er.. Just try it out yourself you little fuck.

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

First and foremost. - NEW OVERCLOCKERS - It's a lot safer than it used to be, but still carry Caution.

Pascal GPU rules - They AUTO declock at certain temp targets BEFORE your maxtarget is reached.

Passing 50*c will lower the coreclock 13Mhz, and every 5*c or so (not exact) it will drop 13Mhz...also it can hold steady if the power target holds steady and temps are maintained,.. this will vary card to card (bios limits set by manufacturer)

This is why Watercooling Pascal to keep clocks under "throttling temp targets" say 35-45*c it wont hit the 50*c 13-26Mhz deficit or worse...

So keeping the fan at a decent rate (you can not be annoyed with) around 50-60*c on the fan curve... and you may hold up temps well enough to not drop so much. Power Target at Max will not not add extra voltage over stock, but it may just hold a higher clock at the same typical voltage.
This is all you really need to do for the Core.

Because if you add voltage...to gain 25-100Mhz it adds heat, then you downclock 13-50Mhz or more anyway... but being way hotter than previously and gaining bugger all performance. You could try adding 50-100Mhz to the Core but this is going to be a few fps difference or less VS a few degrees difference, as TurboBoost3 has already done 95% of the climbing for you.
Turbo boost 3 (with Power at max) will take you within 50-100+mhz of your manual OC maximum, so there is really no need (for your limited experience) with Turbo Boost 3.0 doing the work for you, adding a touch of voltage may get you another 13-26Mhz or so...

What you CAN tinker with and get legit results, is fan profile curves, and memory clocks.
Memory clocks being unstable are easy to see, artifacting and corruption of your display.
Add 200Mhz to Vram to start, if it can't do that without crashing, then I wouldn't bother, save your temps, go back to stock+powertarget at max and tweak fan curves.
If you are stable, add 50Mhz each stable test (15mins or so in a 3D app that HEAVILY loads the GPU) until you find instability.
Some people can get 650Mhz extra from memoryclocks, some can't get 100Mhz more out of them.
Trial and Error..

This is why NO ONE EVER..EVER, can tell you what clocks YOU need to run on THAT GPU.
But best of luck, don't shy from posting results here, we can still help nail down things after the tests.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz