Share your RMA/Return nightmares!

HunterScott

Do you have any RMA nightmares to share?

I'm currently awaiting on a RMA on my ASUS B250F motherboard. I had spent a good few day's diagnosing my computer and was 100% certain that the reason behind my PC not booting was the board. I contacted the local company I had bought it from 3 month's prior and they asked me to bring my build into the shop so they can offer a replacement motherboard. I wasn't free for at least a week so my father-in-law kindly dropped off my computer. Strangely, they asked him for £20 as a booking in fee (bizarre) and stated that the 'motherboard was at an incorrect angle' (can anyone elaborate on how a motherboard can be at an incorrect angle?!).

What I thought would be a quick switching of components has been drawn out into a nearly 2 week affair. I am still without my PC and still none the wiser as to what the hell they are doing with it. My questions have been met with a 'you'll be updated in the near future'.

Does anyone else have any bizarre RMA experiences?!

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

1 month ago i ordered a kraken x62 for my built
dead on arrival

ordered another

dead on arrival

ordered another

dead after a week's usage

never buy NZXT garbage

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Just now, Armakar said:

1 month ago i ordered a kraken x62 for my built
dead on arrival

ordered another

dead on arrival

ordered another

dead after a week's usage

never buy NZXT garbage

You didn't order off of Amazon by any chance did you?!

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

2 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

You didn't order off of Amazon by any chance did you?!

3 separate stores, amazon's was the one that lasted the longest

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

3 separate stores, amazon's was the one that lasted the longest

That surprises me. Most electrical items I have bought from Amazon have ended up damaged; faulty or not fit for purpose.

― Charles Bukowski

11 hours ago, HunterScott said:

That surprises me. Most electrical items I have bought from Amazon have ended up damaged; faulty or not fit for purpose.

All my pc was from amazon, works perfectly. 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

My R9 290(Was engineering sample) which I bought when it just released died after a month and had to wait 2 months for RMA.

And the one I got back ran quite a lot worse, almost 10C(from 74 to 84) hotter at same 1150 MHz using same aftermarket thermal paste.

6 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

I think you have 6400 not I5 5400 :D

2 minutes ago, Likwid said:

My R9 290(Was engineering sample) which I bought when it just released died after a month and had to wait 2 months for RMA.

And it the one I got back ran quite a lot worse, almost 10C hotter at same 1150 MHz using same aftermarket thermal paste.

I think you have 6400 not I5 5400 :D

actually 7400, whoops

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

7 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

Most of my PC and electronics as well, no issues.  Maybe there's something odd going on at the warehouse where @HunterScott gets his stuff shipped from.

Have been having a nightmare time with Corsair for over a month and a half now. I have been trying to get my 3 SP120 fans replaced since the middle of October, and they're finally due to arrive today. I've also been fighting with them for a refund, for my third H100i v2 that has failed in 6 months. Their Customer service has been nothing short of abysmal. I'm not likely to ever buy anything from ever again considering the condescending attitude, and general lack of helpfulness I have received in the last two months. I keep getting told to wait for 24-48 hrs for a return call or e-mail, and 2 weeks later, I've heard nothing back. I even spoke with a customer service manager, who completely lied through his teeth to me on the phone. The only responsive person I've been able to converse with in their company, has been who ever answers their Facebook messenger. Has been one of the worst customer service experience I've had, especially after spending some $500 on their shit. 

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Most of my PC and electronics as well, no issues.  Maybe there's something odd going on at the warehouse where @HunterScott gets his stuff shipped from.

I smell a conspiracy! I require a crack-shot team of people to assist with the investigation.

― Charles Bukowski

19 minutes ago, tarmacd said:

Have been having a nightmare time with Corsair for over a month and a half now. I have been trying to get my 3 SP120 fans replaced since the middle of October, and they're finally due to arrive today. I've also been fighting with them for a refund, for my third H100i v2 that has failed in 6 months. Their Customer service has been nothing short of abysmal. I'm not likely to ever buy anything from ever again considering the condescending attitude, and general lack of helpfulness I have received in the last two months. I keep getting told to wait for 24-48 hrs for a return call or e-mail, and 2 weeks later, I've heard nothing back. I even spoke with a customer service manager, who completely lied through his teeth to me on the phone. The only responsive person I've been able to converse with in their company, has been who ever answers their Facebook messenger. Has been one of the worst customer service experience I've had, especially after spending some $500 on their shit. 

I had a terrible experience with Corsair, so you're not alone there. I tried to RMA a PSU, and couldn't find my receipt. I got in touch with Maplins who were able to provide me with proof of purchase as I knew the exact date and approximate time that I bought the PSU, but as it was 'printed on a sheet of paper' they wouldn't accept it as proof that I was the initial purchaser of the item. But trying to get through to Corsair is irritating, they need to shove a rocket up their arses.

― Charles Bukowski