Weird Screen Color Issues

idonthaveklutch

So lets start off by saying the components. Gtx 750 ti, core i3 4170, and 8gb ram. One day I decided to restart the PC and update too. When I did this it took a very long time and when it finally booted up the welcome screen telling me about my files and telling me it was updated but the background flashed different colors of rainbow. Then on the logon screen the colors were kind of inverted but also just very bright. You couldn't read the text on anything. (There were no lines across the screen it was just different pixelated colors. I rebooted into safe mode. Once there I disabled the graphics card driver in display manager. I rebooted and the screen was fine. Then I went to GeForce experience and updated the driver. Then I rebooted and back to the messed up colors. Anyone know what is going on?

Don't download drivers through gfe. Always go direct from the nvidia site. You've already done what I would suggest which is use DDU in safe mode. All I can suggest is you do it again but this time installing drivers downloaded from the site rather than GFE.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

what update specifically did you get?

I did not use GeForce experience. I tried the most current one, didn't work. I tried a driver from August (385.41) screen was still messed up with colors. And to be fair, I used that august driver when it was the most current and it was fine.

2 hours ago, idonthaveklutch said:

I did not use GeForce experience. I tried the most current one, didn't work. I tried a driver from August (385.41) screen was still messed up with colors. And to be fair, I used that august driver when it was the most current and it was fine.

no i meant what update did you have, that you talk about in your original post?

She/Her

5 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

no i meant what update did you have, that you talk about in your original post?

I'm not sure how to find out what update. I restarted on 12/1/17 on windows 10 64 bit.

7 hours ago, idonthaveklutch said:

I'm not sure how to find out what update. I restarted on 12/1/17 on windows 10 64 bit.

look at update history. it's in settings. 

She/Her