failure to post with igpu

man_named_corn

Today my computer is having a problem where when i turn it on all the peripherals will turn on but it wont post. I havent changed anything in bios except i turned the igpu on yesterday, but i cant see why that would do anything. anythoughts ?

Thanks In Advance 

your monitor is hooked in to the port on the motherboard not the graphics card correct?

Just now, doomsriker said:

your monitor is hooked in to the port on the motherboard not the graphics card correct?

nah i got the video coming out of the gpu i just needed to use integrated graphics yesterday 

The Igpu will not kick in until you re start the system, so my guess is you were still using the graphics card when you thought you were useing the igpu. It is impossible via regular means to funnel a igpu through a graphics card or vice versa. You will need to hook up via the video port on your motherboard, change the video preference back to your pcie graphics card than hook up to your graphics card and re start the pc. 

Connect the HDMI/DVI/VGA cable to the back of your system on the motherboard

Go into the BIOS and change the graphics adapter to Automatic or PCI-e.

Plug the HDMI/DVI/VGA cable back into your graphics card, and the screen should turn on greeting you with either the Windows lock screen or well if your system is slow it'll be booting and show that.

If you need some help this is what your motherboards IO looks like, plug it in the correct one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmq4PRe26fxMiioALb7zW

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*