Fan problem on MSI GTX 660 TwinFrozr III

DICKHILL

I'm thinking this is just a defective fan, but aren't quite sure and therefore just have to ask if it's maybe just normal... (:

I'm running 2-Way SLI with MSI GeForce GTX 660 TF III cards, where I just noticed that one of the fans on my second card doesn't run...

I tried to use MSI Afterburner to set the fan speed to 100%, where it then started spinning after a couple of seconds...

But when I manually sets the fan speed below around 85% it then stops spinning again.

And it doesn't matter if they are synchronised or not.

Temperatures are around 44/36 (GPU1/GPU2) celsius on normal webbrowsing use ("idle")

2 hours ago, DICKHILL said:

I'm thinking this is just a defective fan, but aren't quite sure and therefore just have to ask if it's maybe just normal... (:

I'm running 2-Way SLI with MSI GeForce GTX 660 TF III cards, where I just noticed that one of the fans on my second card doesn't run...

I tried to use MSI Afterburner to set the fan speed to 100%, where it then started spinning after a couple of seconds...

But when I manually sets the fan speed below around 85% it then stops spinning again.

And it doesn't matter if they are synchronised or not.

Temperatures are around 44/36 (GPU1/GPU2) celsius on normal webbrowsing use ("idle")

that fan is broken, if there is warranty left get the card rma'd, but since its pretty old you might be out of luck, see weather you can find those fans online, the twin frozer III was quite popular. If that doesnt work you can diy something and just srap a new fan to the card...

Okay, so it is broken.

It doesn't matter since it still works and I were also planning on upgrading to a 1080 Ti.
So as long they work or just until I pull myself together and buys the new card, they will be installed and used.

Thank you so much for the reply! (: