I need a vpn, but I don't got moneys... lol

Emusaurus
Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Tunnelbear gives you 500mb of VPN data every month for free

500mb isnt alot..

Mouse: Logitech G602 Audio: Logitech G430 + Blue Snowball iCE Black

3 minutes ago, xEmuu said:

500mb isnt alot..

What is it that you need the VPN for (if it's for privacy reasons, then anything free is not the thing you want)?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

ProtonVPN has a free plan.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

betternet isnt free anymore *sniff sniff*

I’m using it right now.... lol at least the app version is free, I haven’t updated it though

1 minute ago, xEmuu said:

security mostly...

Security from/for what?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Tunnelbear, may not be a lot, but can't bitch if it's free.  Right?  Works for me.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Security from/for what?

just in case i run into a site that grabs IPs i don't want them to have my actual one. 

security mostly...

So a VPN so you can torrent countless GBs of data, for free. Riiiiiight?

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

2 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Tunnelbear, may not be a lot, but can't bitch if it's free.  Right?  Works for me.

500 mb’s ain’t shite man, especially when there’s so many other free unlimited options.

If it's free, it's not secure.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, xEmuu said:

just in case i run into a site that grabs IPs i don't want them to have my actual one. 

Someone should probably get off the dark web..... 

You more than likely have a dynamic IP that changes frequently anyway (unless you pay for a static one). And again, any free VPN is going to be selling your data, so there goes the "private" IP address of yours.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Anjelllo said:

500 mb’s ain’t shite man, especially when there’s so many other free unlimited options.

Personally I don't use any VPN, it was the statement about it being FREE that worked for me.  I make sure that I don't visit any "questionable" websites, keep my antivirus up2date and frequently clean my machine of any miscellaneous crap and cookies that don't belong.  I don't feel that I need a VPN to protect myself.  But if it's FREE, got to check it out at least once, right?

1 minute ago, Gikero said:

So a VPN so you can torrent countless GBs of data, for free. Riiiiiight?

Why you gotta do this to my man :D 

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Someone should probably get off the dark web..... 

Unless you pay for a static IP, you more than likely have a dynamic IP that changes frequently anyway. And again, any free VPN is going to be selling your data, so there goes the "private" IP address of yours.

Yeah, but better for a marketing company to have your data than a murderer lol 

2 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

Why you gotta do this to my man :D 

u right

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

If it's free, it's not secure.

Unless if its like tunnelbear where its limited and you can pay do get a decent amount of data.

4 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

A murderer doesn't have to hack LTT servers to find out what IP address is associated with an account and then tracking that IP back to its house in order to pick a murderee.

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Unless if its like tunnelbear where its limited and you can pay do get a decent amount of data.

Even Tunnelbear....if it's free then you're more than likely the product -- rare exceptions might be companies gambling on being able to convince you to pay for their service. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

There was some app called FreeVPN i used to use on my iPhone 4S around a year back, while my phone was getting repaired. It seemed to work fine, a tad slow maybe but it worked perfect for me and was unlimited

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Even Tunnelbear....if it's free then you're more than likely the product -- rare exceptions might be companies gambling on being able to convince you to pay for their service. 

To be fair, Tunnelbear's privacy policy is very clear cut that they do not sell any data and don't log IP addresses at all.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

To be fair, Tunnelbear's privacy policy is very clear cut that they do not sell any data and don't log IP addresses at all.

Same with betternet, they make money by trying to get you to upgrade