Is this laptop any good as a replacement?

yolosnail

So my current laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ak008na, is has a 6700HQ, GTX 950m 4GB (only DDR3 tho), 8GB DDR3L RAM and a 1TB Hard drive, although I had upgraded it to 16GB RAM and 480GB SSD. I had problems with the screen and graphics so HP have offered me a replacement, which is the HP OMEN Laptop 15-ce017na. It has a 7700HQ, GTX 1050TI, 8 GB DDR4-2400, and 1TB Hard drive with 128 GB NVMe SSD.

Okay, I'll start off by saying I know compared to the laptop it is replacing, the specs are good. I paid around £500 for mine about 18 months ago, and the replacement is £1049 so there is quite a difference.

But I want to know if anybody has had any experience with the HP OMEN laptops, is there anything I should look out for?

And if anyone has this laptop in particular, does it have a Mini DisplayPort connector? The photos show one but there is no mention in the specs

The only game I really play is GTA V, so how much better would it be than my old laptop? What I really do is video editing and 3D modelling so would it be a lot better for that?

Should I just sell the replacement and buy a different laptop? And before anybody says I should build a PC, I would love to but I need to be able to travel with it so that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Also, I'm not a big fan of red, I really liked the green back lighting on my old laptop 

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

That's a really really nice laptop. Are you paying the difference or is it a free replacement? If you're paying the difference than I would consider a different one if the red really bothers you that much.

That's an F in the profile pic

I'd take that replacement any day of the week, seems like a sick deal to me.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

5 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

So my current laptop is a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ak008na, is has a 6700HQ, GTX 950m 4GB (only DDR3 tho), 8GB DDR3L RAM and a 1TB Hard drive, although I had upgraded it to 16GB RAM and 480GB SSD. I had problems with the screen and graphics so HP have offered me a replacement, which is the HP OMEN Laptop 15-ce017na. It has a 7700HQ, GTX 1050TI, 8 GB DDR4-2400, and 1TB Hard drive with 128 GB NVMe SSD.

Okay, I'll start off by saying I know compared to the laptop it is replacing, the specs are good. I paid around £500 for mine about 18 months ago, and the replacement is £1049 so there is quite a difference.

But I want to know if anybody has had any experience with the HP OMEN laptops, is there anything I should look out for?

And if anyone has this laptop in particular, does it have a Mini DisplayPort connector? The photos show one but there is no mention in the specs

The only game I really play is GTA V, so how much better would it be than my old laptop? What I really do is video editing and 3D modelling so would it be a lot better for that?

Should I just sell the replacement and buy a different laptop? And before anybody says I should build a PC, I would love to but I need to be able to travel with it so that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Also, I'm not a big fan of red, I really liked the green back lighting on my old laptop 

I bought a Asus laptop with the same specs for £800 2 or 3 months ago and its pretty amazing

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

That's a really really nice laptop. Are you paying the difference or is it a free replacement? If you're paying the difference than I would consider a different one if the red really bothers you that much.

Yeah, it is a free replacement because I've had so many problems with my old laptop (2 screen replacements, one for burn in and once for a bright spot which was also on the replacement, and the motherboard was replaced a week ago because of faulty graphics memory)

4 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

I'd take that replacement any day of the week, seems like a sick deal to me.

There was no question of whether I was going to take the replacement, and compared to the laptop they are replacing it's a very good deal. I would have been happy with just a 1050 (probably an MX150 to be fair)

2 minutes ago, mrmods said:

I bought a Asus laptop with the same specs for £800 2 or 3 months ago and its pretty amazing

Just out of curiosity, what sort of frame rates are you getting in games? 

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

The new HP Omen laptops are much better than the old Omen laptops

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128