Ryzen 1700X & Hyper 212 EVO

Gdog

Hello guys,

Does anyone have a 1700X with the Hyper 212 EVO that can give me an idea on it's performance? I am not really interested in theory and stuff.

Cheers,

I've the R5 1600 with it at 3.8GHz (forgot voltage) runs way below 70C sometimes even barely reaching 64C at 100% load.

oof owie blue liquid is coming out of my eyes pls help

17 minutes ago, warlinty said:

I've the R5 1600 with it at 3.8GHz (forgot voltage) runs way below 70C sometimes even barely reaching 64C at 100% load.

That's the 6 core 12 thread CPU?

I should be good on the 1700x then :)

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Get a 1700 and use the stock cooler.

I already have a 1700X. I have an EVO in another build so if I can just get an AM4 upgrade kit for that it's easier for me.

Just now, Gdog said:

I already have a 1700X. I have an EVO in another build so if I can just get an AM4 upgrade kit for that it's easier for me.

Well as long as you aren't planning to do much overclocking, then there is no reason to think the Hyper 212 Evo won't work.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Fact even with a 360 rad at 1.45V most see 3.9-4.0 with a stock cooler one can see 3.7Ghz logically you will be around their. Most likely you will want to use 1.3-1.325V to keep temps below 75C under prime load. 

Expect 3.8-3.9ghz OC with that voltage 

2 minutes ago, jdwii said:

Fact even with a 360 rad at 1.45V most see 3.9-4.0 with a stock cooler one can see 3.7Ghz logically you will be around their. Most likely you will want to use 1.3-1.325V to keep temps below 75C under prime load. 

Expect 3.8-3.9ghz OC with that voltage 

Perfectly happy with this.

Another quick question, due to it being a X edition processor, I don't need to do manual overclocking?

7 minutes ago, Gdog said:

Perfectly happy with this.

Another quick question, due to it being a X edition processor, I don't need to do manual overclocking?

The X versions are slightly higher clocked versions of their non-X counterparts, and don't include a cooler. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

• 1 year later...

I'm running one @ 3875mhz 41c idle 57c in gta5 after a few hours... just make sure you apply paste properly 

3600X with Hyper 212 Evo. Low 60s under load. Fortnight, Apex Legends, Destiny 2.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430