Who's Double Shotted?

Go to solution Solved by Fictionvl,
4 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Ducky really doesn't look high end for the price, especially with the Chinese logo stamped on the spacebar :|. If the smaller companies are the only ones who advertise double shot injection though than I guess never mind.

This shouldn't put you off, maybe ducky doesnt support my point but you need to look around for better quality keyboards.

check reddit mechanical keyboards page which will help u alot.

I got bored so started looking at keyboards when I noticed neither CoolerMaster, Corsair or Logitech mention whether or not their keycaps are double shot injected. I remember Linus mentioning it not long ago regarding their wireless keyboard which he stated didn't have them. Although my current peripherals are still working fine & I don't plan to replace them just yet. How do I find out which of these companies or even specific keyboard models have the double shot injected keycaps?

Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S RGB Cherry MX Brown

MasterKeys MK750 Cherry MX Brown

Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown

Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum, Logitech G Pro

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

To be completely honest, I wouldnt recommend any of these keyboards.

I'd say look at the premium keyboards from other smaller companies because thay're the ones who provide genuine parts and keyboards. 

I cant remember any keyboard rn off of the top of my head. but look at glorious gaming master race keyboards, or ducky or others.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

14 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

I'd say look at the premium keyboards from other smaller companies because thay're the ones who provide genuine parts and keyboards. 

I cant remember any keyboard rn off of the top of my head. but look at glorious gaming master race keyboards, or ducky or others.

Ducky really doesn't look high end for the price, especially with the Chinese logo stamped on the spacebar :|. If the smaller companies are the only ones who advertise double shot injection though than I guess never mind.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

This shouldn't put you off, maybe ducky doesnt support my point but you need to look around for better quality keyboards.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

46 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Thanks.

You could just buy a keycap set separately. And unless you need light legends on dark background or weird color combos just go for dye-sublimated keycaps. They're just as durable as double shots and will cost less. Also they're more likely to be made of PBT which is a superior plastic to ABS

14 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

Ducky usually includes a second space bar, fyi. They give you one with a logo and one without. Mine came with a rooster (Currently year of the Rooster) space key, and a plain blank one.

You should really pick up a Ducky Keyboard though. It is sturdy and heavy. My Shine 6 is heavier than my cousin's K70.

I know corsair doesn't use double shot keys though (Maybe that's changed, but I know the K70 / strafe don't)

18 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

I got bored so started looking at keyboards when I noticed neither CoolerMaster, Corsair or Logitech mention whether or not their keycaps are double shot injected. I remember Linus mentioning it not long ago regarding their wireless keyboard which he stated didn't have them. Although my current peripherals are still working fine & I don't plan to replace them just yet. How do I find out which of these companies or even specific keyboard models have the double shot injected keycaps?

Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S RGB Cherry MX Brown

MasterKeys MK750 Cherry MX Brown

Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Brown

Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum, Logitech G Pro

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

If you're looking at getting a Corsair K70 LUX RGB, and want PBT Double Shot keycaps, we have that combo now...kinda.  The PBT double shot keycaps were just released in white and black a couple weeks ago, and can be installed on any of our Cherry MX keyboards with a matching layout.  You will need to purchase them in addition to the keyboard.

I installed them a couple weeks back, and love 'em.  You can see both colors we have available.

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_E5807.JPG

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

20 hours ago, Fictionvl said:

I'm pretty sure that Cooler Master and Corsair provide genuine parts on their keyboards... Did you mean that the smaller companies go into greater detail as to the caps they use? 

@Mike Soda- I've currently got a CM MasterKeys M with me; if you'd like/ think it'd help; I can attach photos of it. I'm not an expert on mechanical keyboards, but I can try and also answer any questions you may have on it.

PC in Profile

16 hours ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

I'm pretty sure that Cooler Master and Corsair provide genuine parts on their keyboards... Did you mean that the smaller companies go into greater detail as to the caps they use? 

Generally yes they do. But, I also dont mean that CM and Corsair provide cheaper or less premium solutions, they do, but lesser companies do it better.

If you're looking for double shot keycaps, my best advice would be to pick a proper keyboard and a keycap set. That is if you budget allows it because they an get quite pricey. Out of those, I can only recommend MS Pro S. Corsair has a non standard bottom row and finding keycaps for them can be quite a bitch, unless you go the route that Nick mentioned above. Logitech has Romer-G switches which I personally can't recommend, but that's subjective.

Also do mind that Ducky is still up there when it comes to quality. It may be no (imo) Filco, Varmilo or Leopold, but it's up there.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 11/27/2017 at 1:59 PM, scottyseng said:

Ducky usually includes a second space bar, fyi. They give you one with a logo and one without. Mine came with a rooster (Currently year of the Rooster) space key, and a plain blank one.

You should really pick up a Ducky Keyboard though. It is sturdy and heavy. My Shine 6 is heavier than my cousin's K70.

I know corsair doesn't use double shot keys though (Maybe that's changed, but I know the K70 / strafe don't)

On 11/27/2017 at 5:24 PM, Corsair Nick said:

If you're looking at getting a Corsair K70 LUX RGB, and want PBT Double Shot keycaps, we have that combo now...kinda.  The PBT double shot keycaps were just released in white and black a couple weeks ago, and can be installed on any of our Cherry MX keyboards with a matching layout.  You will need to purchase them in addition to the keyboard.

I installed them a couple weeks back, and love 'em.  You can see both colors we have available.

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_E5807.JPG

On 11/27/2017 at 6:59 PM, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

@Mike Soda- I've currently got a CM MasterKeys M with me; if you'd like/ think it'd help; I can attach photos of it. I'm not an expert on mechanical keyboards, but I can try and also answer any questions you may have on it.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:47 AM, Fictionvl said:

Generally yes they do. But, I also dont mean that CM and Corsair provide cheaper or less premium solutions, they do, but lesser companies do it better.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, Bouzoo said:

If you're looking for double shot keycaps, my best advice would be to pick a proper keyboard and a keycap set. That is if you budget allows it because they an get quite pricey. Out of those, I can only recommend MS Pro S. Corsair has a non standard bottom row and finding keycaps for them can be quite a bitch, unless you go the route that Nick mentioned above. Logitech has Romer-G switches which I personally can't recommend, but that's subjective.

Also do mind that Ducky is still up there when it comes to quality. It may be no (imo) Filco, Varmilo or Leopold, but it's up there.

Thank you all for the replies, I might avoid Corsair now as budget probably won't allow me to spend more on top of a K70 Lux. It'd be about $200 for a new mechanical keyboard & MMO mouse in total. The more I research, the more certain I am it'll probably end up being either Logitech or CoolerMaster but definitely not that cheesy Atlas G410 lol.

2 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Thank you all for the replies, I might avoid Corsair now as budget probably won't allow me to spend more on top of a K70 Lux. It'd be about $200 for a new mechanical keyboard & MMO mouse in total. The more I research, the more certain I am it'll probably end up being either Logitech or CoolerMaster but definitely not that cheesy Atlas G410 lol.

If you don't mind refurbished stuff, you can usually find the K70 for cheap as a refurbished unit. Granted it depends on how eager you are with refurbished peripherals.

Just now, scottyseng said:

If you don't mind refurbished stuff, you can usually find the K70 for cheap as a refurbished unit. Granted it depends on how eager you are with refurbished peripherals.

Never :P & the only things I like about the K70 Lux are the cable routing & ability to pair it with a Scimitar Pro mouse. Unless I ended up going with the G600 then either a Logitech keyboard too or CM.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I'm so late to the party here.
Corsair use cheap painted key caps, I will never buy them again.
Logitech use double shot key caps (or at least the G Pro does)

• 2 months later...

I would buy these in a heartbeat BUT - corsair overlooked one VERY important fact -  A SMOOTH spacebar - If I was on the corsair team that would have been a no brainer -

If you look at most of the reviews on the latest corsair keyboards you'll see a lot of people don't fancy the textured spacebar - they live with it but they don't like it - and I'm one of the textured spacebar haters.

The PBT keycap set is a really GREAT idea but instead of including some unnecessary stuf they could have thrown in a smooth spacebar.

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU