58 to 65 Inch 4k TV Low Latency WITH Displayport

Hazeno

As the title suggests. I'm in the market to replace my 60 Inch 1080P Panasonic with a 4k Panel.

Downside is i would prefer Display port as when I use my missus TV at 4k on Resi 7 with HDMI it will only allow 30Hz yet on my friends 4k TV with DP 60hz is allowed... 

So here we go

£999 budget. 

60hz

DP and HDMI 2.0

Hit me as black Friday will end in a few hours. Lul.

You are unlikely to find any models of TV, especially at the lower end, with DisplayPort inputs.

HDMI 2.0 is fully capable of 60hz so the lack of DisplayPort would not be your problem if you're capped at 30hz.

Resi 7 is the ONLY game that caps at 29.9hz on her TV. But on my friends TV with DP it doesn't cap. Turns out it's actually a MASSIVE issue with Resi 7 looking into it. 

12 minutes ago, Hazeno said:

Resi 7 is the ONLY game that caps at 29.9hz on her TV. But on my friends TV with DP it doesn't cap. Turns out it's actually a MASSIVE issue with Resi 7 looking into it. 

...I assure you, a DisplayPort cable vs HDMI cable would not be the cause of a single game capping to 30hz...

I didn't say it was. I said it's actually a MASSIVE issue with Resi 7.

I strongly suspect that the 29.97 Hz refresh rate is due to HDMI 1.4 being used.  Several manufacturers put DP 1.2 ports on early UHD TVs as that was the only way to get 60 Hz refresh rate as HDMI 2.0 wasn't finalized yet.  Once HDMI 2.0 started appearing, DP 1.2 quickly disappeared from consumer displays.  

It is also worth noting that many UHD displays initially had a mix of HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports so only some of them would support 60 Hz refresh.  I know of a lot of consumers that jumped onto the early HDMI 2.0 displays to get 60 Hz but didn't realize they hooked things up to the wrong port on their TV.

As for modern units with DP, that is surprisingly common in the commercial/professional/conference room markets.  Not only will you find DP inputs, but often DP outputs for MST daisy chaining.  The catch here is that these features come at a steep price compared to consumer models you'd find in retail stores.

17 hours ago, power666 said:

I strongly suspect that the 29.97 Hz refresh rate is due to HDMI 1.4 being used.  Several manufacturers put DP 1.2 ports on early UHD TVs as that was the only way to get 60 Hz refresh rate as HDMI 2.0 wasn't finalized yet.  Once HDMI 2.0 started appearing, DP 1.2 quickly disappeared from consumer displays.  

It is also worth noting that many UHD displays initially had a mix of HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 ports so only some of them would support 60 Hz refresh.  I know of a lot of consumers that jumped onto the early HDMI 2.0 displays to get 60 Hz but didn't realize they hooked things up to the wrong port on their TV.

As for modern units with DP, that is surprisingly common in the commercial/professional/conference room markets.  Not only will you find DP inputs, but often DP outputs for MST daisy chaining.  The catch here is that these features come at a steep price compared to consumer models you'd find in retail stores.

It's not HDMI 1.4 as EVERY other game is 60Hz, and In the Manual it states ports 1 2 and 3 are Both HDMI 2.0

Well you are going to have a difficult time finding a modern 4K TV with DP. It's simply not a common feature.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)