Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wide Format 3D printer?

Any recomendations on a wide format 3D printer? I don't need a whole lot of height, but need to rapid prototype some parts without doing it on a CNC ( our 5 axis is down for maintenance and  there's a backlog of parts on the 3 axis).

Current printer I have available to me is a MakerGear with an 8" x10" bed. Looking for something with at least 12" x 12"

Thoughts?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

have you checked out the Lulzbot Taz 6? or have you considered building your own printer?

On 11/23/2017 at 6:38 PM, ionbasa said:

Any recomendations on a wide format 3D printer? I don't need a whole lot of height, but need to rapid prototype some parts without doing it on a CNC ( our 5 axis is down for maintenance and  there's a backlog of parts on the 3 axis).

Current printer I have available to me is a MakerGear with an 8" x10" bed. Looking for something with at least 12" x 12"

Thoughts?

whats your budget? There are plenty of fdm printers that have a 12x12 or larger build area. The first that springs to mind would be the gmax 1.5.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

51 minutes ago, tJuggernaut29 said:

have you checked out the Lulzbot Taz 6? or have you considered building your own printer?

Not looking to build my own since I need decent tolerances. 

23 minutes ago, bob345 said:

whats your budget? There are plenty of fdm printers that have a 12x12 or larger build area. The first that springs to mind would be the gmax 1.5.

A bit skeptical of gCreate/gmax, it seems to be rebranded Chinese stuff off of Alibaba and Ali Express, it seems they just do the assembly here in the States. Lets say budget isn't an issue, but shouldn't be more than ~5k preferably, purchasing will be done not by me personally. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

12 minutes ago, ionbasa said:

Not looking to build my own since I need decent tolerances. 

A bit skeptical of gCreate/gmax, it seems to be rebranded Chinese stuff off of Alibaba and Ali Express, it seems they just do the assembly here in the States. Lets say budget isn't an issue, but shouldn't be more than ~5k preferably, purchasing will be done not by me personally. 

if money is no issue, than look into Fortus and Dimension 3d printers. they have crazy good tolerence and large build areas. especially Fortus, which can have 15x15 inch build volumes

For what it's worth the gMax's are assembled in Brooklyn NYC so you can expect pretty good customer service, I visited them last I was in the States. As a heads up though on any printer that large in that price bracket you'll not be printing in ABS, only PLA and prints can easily take days to complete.