GOG.com let your return games you can't play

GoodBytes

GOG.com (Good Old Games), the sister company of CDProjek, the studio that brought us The Witcher series, DRM free, provides full money back if you have trouble playing any of the game you bought.

If you don't know, GOG.com is an online retailer for games, much like Steam, but everything is is DRM free, no special software to install, or anything. You buy, download, install the game, enjoy. Much like the good old days.

GOG primarily focuses on old games patched up, or running under DOSBox fully adapted, and fully setup for that game, to not only run on modern system, but experience the same experience when the game was release (full audio, proper and solid fps, solid experience, no graphical glitches, etc) They also sales The Witcher games, DRM free, with every single retail exclusive bonuses all together, and many times cheaper than other retailers.

Back to topic, GOG.com offers you the ability to return an accidentally purchased game (game must not be downloaded), in the past 14 days. And you can return the game if the game does run well or at all on your system, and GOG.com support can help you. You have 30-day period on that.

While it's nothing real ground breaking, it is, none the less, amazing of them to offer this. Hopefully, other retails, like Steam will join in.

Games purchased on GOG.com that will not run on users' computers even if they meet the requirements on the game page and still won't run even after assistance from the GOG support team, can be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

Purchases made accidentally can also be refunded up to 14 days later, but only if the purchased game has not been downloaded.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/9/5191540/new-program-lets-you-return-computer-games-you-cant-play

DRM free? WELL LOOKS LIKE I KNOW WHAT I'LL BE DESTROYING MY WALLET WITH!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

That's pretty generous. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

GOG is amazing but i always feel inclined to go and buy stuff on steam when there is no real reason.

The gaben always wins i guess.

Gabe-Newell-4.jpg

GOG is amazing but i always feel inclined to go and buy stuff on steam when there is no real reason.

The gaben always wins i guess.

Gabe-Newell-4.jpg

Oh our savior Gaben. Do not question the newell....never question the newell...

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Or you could wait and get new parts or an update to your GPU. Until that AMD update a few days ago (week?) I couldn't play old DOS games - DOOM, Quake, Space Quest,  etc on steam but something that update did has made them not give washed out colors.

Oh our savior Gaben. Do not question the newell....never question the newell...

Yes, Yes all hail the Gaben!

kjlpa.gif

Good Old Games or GoG.com, now let's you have a refund when the game you buy are not opening/running. You have 14 days to decide rather it works or not, then you can get a refund. Pretty nice of Good old games to do this, unlike steam only giving refund on pre-orders, but hopefully Steam will do this soon.

kkihyf.jpg

For all the convenience digital games sales have brought us, they've come at the cost of the return policy. Buy a downloadable title you don't like? Tough noogies, kid - no take-backs. Well, unless you bought from Good Old Games. To help stem customer concern that a given title might not run on their computer, GOG has implemented a new money back guarantee that promises a full refund for any unplayable game. The caveat, of course, is you have to try: the team's support group pledges to do everything in its power to get its catalog's game running on your computer. If it can't, you get your cash back. Easy.

Perhaps more notable, is the 14-day return policy it's attaching to any PC game the user hasn't downloaded. Sure, two weeks of leeway is kind of a standard, but for digital distribution services it's also a little unprecedented. Steam only offers refunds on pre-orders, and only if the request is processed before the game is released. Origin's policy is a little more forgiving, and gives gamers 24 hours (after a game is first launched) to let buyers remorse set in, or up to a week if the game is unplayed. Comparatively, 14 days almost seems generous. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gXmjitgIs

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/09/gog-refunds/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Already Sniped

That's actually awesome. Not that i'd need to use it ^_^

But still!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I could see this being abused. :(  Still, it's nice to see them doing this though.  Kudos to Good Old Games for doing this.

This is a pretty nice thing to do as you get a 30 day trial of the game and you get free support which is great if it doesn't work properly. Just hope that no one abuses this...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer