What are some examples of fast yet (somewhat) practical sports cars?

XboxCarsForza
7 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

so wheres the pimped out 6th gen civic with a 2.0 VETC engine shoved in it and tuned+upgraded right. (easily over 200hp+ with a car weight under 2700lbs). the engines are also can get 30mpg if you use a fuel economy tuning.  

have fun fitting a family in a ricer

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 hours ago, Statik said:

In what world is a GTR, a 1000hp Minivan, and a Tesla considered anywhere remotely practical.

The minivan in particular made me literally laugh out loud.

Honestly though if someone wants a "practical" "sports car", they should get a full size high performance 4-door saloon where you actually have leg room in the back, and a decent sized trunk.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's not as fast as like an SRT Charger or SS but it seems fairly practical.

Actually if they made a GT3 trim that had a supercharged V6 or maybe a small block V8.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

15 hours ago, Drak3 said:

As per Wikipedia, the requirements to qualify as a sports car are manuverability and being light weight. Muscle cars are not light weight, and they become significantly less manuverable at speed.

Not a sports car, unless we expand that to include 90% of cars and trucks on the road today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_sedan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car

Eh, considering how loose the terms sports sedan and sports car is, I don't really think that a Charger SRT is really a muscle car. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

26 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Eh, considering how loose the terms sports sedan and sports car is, I don't really think that a Charger SRT is really a muscle car. 

The Charger falls into two categories:

Pony car

Muscle Sedan

Depending on what engine is put in it. And the Charger is the only production muscle sedan I'm aware of.

But sports car is not all that loose. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

The Charger falls into two categories:

Pony car

Muscle Sedan

Depending on what engine is put in it. And the Charger is the only production muscle sedan I'm aware of.

But sports car is not all that loose. 

Would the current C63 AMG be considered a muscle sedan If it's comparable to the W204 variant?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Chevrolet SS, or for those down under, the Holden Commodore and for those in UK, the Vauxhall VXR8.

Fast, capable, LS3, comfortable, full sized, and truck space for days.

Edit: just realized someone beat me to it.

59 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Would the current C63 AMG be considered a muscle sedan If it's comparable to the W204 variant?

Doubt it, that looks more like a "super" car that isn't a SUPERcar

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

On 11/20/2017 at 3:58 AM, XboxCarsForza said:

The Bisimoto Honda Odyssey

1029 Horsepower, FWD and of course, it’s a minivan

ಠ_ಠ

I'm sure that doesn't have any torque steer at all, and the handling is just fantastic /s

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

19 hours ago, Drak3 said:

As per Wikipedia, the requirements to qualify as a sports car are manuverability and being light weight. Muscle cars are not light weight, and they become significantly less manuverable at speed.

Not a sports car, unless we expand that to include 90% of cars and trucks on the road today.

Then, according to your description, from this thread, here's what should be removed: P100D - too heavy, Odyssey - too heavy, XC90 - too heavy, GTR - too heavy, Veyron - too heavy (guess who posted that one...), some BMWs and AMGs (including the C63 which you considered a super car somehow, but guess what: too heavy), and the SS. Light weight is not close to 4000 pounds, or else the Charger is essentially a sports car. Light weight is something like 3200lbs or less. The Miata weighs 2300lbs and the 458 just scratches 3000lbs. 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:55 PM, Drak3 said:

Bugatti Veyron. I can roll around town in style and suffocate the preachy prick down the street with the exhaust.

On 28/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, SgtBot said:

Toyota AE86

<120hp

Lmaono

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

10 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Veyron - too heavy (guess who posted that one...)

Seeing as the Veyron gets 9MPG and has almost no cargo space, it should be excessively obvious that it was a joke.

11 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Light weight is not close to 4000 pounds, or else the Charger is essentially a sports car.

I don't consider the Charger a sports car. It's not a sports car, it's a muscle car.

13 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

P100D - too heavy, Odyssey - too heavy, XC90 - too heavy, GTR - too heavy, Veyron - too heavy (guess who posted that one...), some BMWs and AMGs (including the C63 which you considered a super car somehow, but guess what: too heavy), and the SS.

Roadster

Compact SUV

Roadster

Supercar

High Performance Vehicle/poor man's 'Super' car

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

19 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Seeing as the Veyron gets 9MPG and has almost no cargo space, it should be excessively obvious that it was a joke.

I don't consider the Charger a sports car. It's not a sports car, it's a muscle car.

Roadster

Compact SUV

Roadster

Supercar

You just wrote random labels that don't even match the vehicles I mentioned; it's difficult to see what you're trying to say. 

Regardless, you still haven't really defined what a sports car is. If it's heavy and slightly slow, but German, it's a super car? Is the SS a 'super' car too, because it's difficult to tell which vehicles you're referring to.

Porsche 911/Boxter/Cayman

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

44 minutes ago, techswede said:

Porsche 911/Boxter/Cayman

Thank you for listing some actual sports cars.

51 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

You just wrote random labels that don't even match the vehicles I mentioned; it's difficult to see what you're trying to say. 

They're not random at all. Those are what those cars are.

A Roadster that shares a stylization and characteristics with a Sports car, but is too heavy and large to be a sports car.

A Supercar is a luxury, high performance (relatively speaking) sports car, roadster, or grand tourer.

A high performance vehicle is just a standard car with a (relatively) powerful engine, but doesn't really fit well in other classifications.

A Muscle car is a mid size to full car (usually coupe), running a large displacement engine and powertrain that won't shred itself (think a V8 pulled directly from a truck).

Bonus:

A Pony car is a car stylized in the same fashion as a muscle car, but does not necessarily run the same type of enigne.

A Hot Rod is a classic American car (typically 1930-1950) fitted with a large engine for the purpose of linear speed and racing.

A Street Rod is similar to a Hot Rod, but a 'family oriented' vehicle and for the purpose of driving, not racing.

56 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

egardless, you still haven't really defined what a sports car is.

A sports car is a small, lightweight, and highly maneuverable car. Typically two seater, but that isn't a necessity.

58 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

If it's heavy and slightly slow, but German, it's a super car? Is the SS a 'super' car too,

Being German has nothing to do with it. Having an engine more powerful than a typical car makes it a high performance vehicle, of which that powerful engine has little benefit to most people over smaller engines. It's not actually a supercar, but it's certainly better to fill a power lust without breaking bank or sacrificing maneuverability too much.

1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

it's difficult to tell which vehicles you're referring to.

It's all in the order that you listed.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Thank you for listing some actual sports cars.

They're not random at all. Those are what those cars are.

A Roadster that shares a stylization and characteristics with a Sports car, but is too heavy and large to be a sports car.

A Supercar is a luxury, high performance (relatively speaking) sports car, roadster, or grand tourer.

A high performance vehicle is just a standard car with a (relatively) powerful engine, but doesn't really fit well in other classifications.

A Muscle car is a mid size to full car (usually coupe), running a large displacement engine and powertrain that won't shred itself (think a V8 pulled directly from a truck).

Bonus:

A Pony car is a car stylized in the same fashion as a muscle car, but does not necessarily run the same type of enigne.

A Hot Rod is a classic American car (typically 1930-1950) fitted with a large engine for the purpose of linear speed and racing.

A Street Rod is similar to a Hot Rod, but a 'family oriented' vehicle and for the purpose of driving, not racing.

A sports car is a small, lightweight, and highly maneuverable car. Typically two seater, but that isn't a necessity.

Being German has nothing to do with it. Having an engine more powerful than a typical car makes it a high performance vehicle, of which that powerful engine has little benefit to most people over smaller engines. It's not actually a supercar, but it's certainly better to fill a power lust without breaking bank or sacrificing maneuverability too much.

It's all in the order that you listed.

The SS is hardly a high performance vehicle and is definitely not a 'super' car (if you can even define that), coming in at 415hp it is hardly "performance". If the SS is a high performance vehicle, how do you give the GTR just a 'Roadster' title anyway? You're going around telling everyone that their car is not a sports car but you fail to remain consistent on your criticism. 

I mean, how is a 4600lbs truck a sports vehicle as per your definition of 'lightweight and highly maneuverable'?

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

I mean, how is a 4600lbs truck a sports vehicle as per your definition of 'lightweight and highly maneuverable'?

4600LB is light wieght for a midsize pick up truck.

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

The SS is hardly a high performance vehicle and is definitely not a 'super' car (if you can even define that), coming in at 415hp it is hardly "performance".

Horsepower by itself is a meaningless number, pairing a 1,000HP engine with a drive train made for 250HP is going to make that 1,000HP worthless. High performance also doesn't exactly equate to high horsepower. Coming in at 415 lb-ft of torque, it's not a slouch by any means.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.