Latest Nvidia driver crashing issues/uninstalling/unrecognised

anyone else encountered this problem where the latest nvidia driver 388.31 gets unrecognized when playing games? had it happen 2 times this past week. was playing PUBG and game crashed and there was the '!' yellow sign on my titan x (900 series maxwell). reinstalled but still was unrecognized. had to roll back to to 385.69. 3 lower versions below 388.31 also didn't work. I have flashed my asus titan x with an evga rom though. but it has been working fine for a year, just recently the new driver is giving me some issues, am i the only one? not a big deal though, its ok with the lower version. 

7 minutes ago, vaiwalker said:

anyone else encountered this problem where the latest nvidia driver 388.31 gets unrecognized when playing games? had it happen 2 times this past week. was playing PUBG and game crashed and there was the '!' yellow sign on my titan x (900 series maxwell). reinstalled but still was unrecognized. had to roll back to to 385.69. 3 lower versions below 388.31 also didn't work. I have flashed my asus titan x with an evga rom though. but it has been working fine for a year, just recently the new driver is giving me some issues, am i the only one? not a big deal though, its ok with the lower version. 

Haven't had any issues with 388.31 yet so it could be hardware specific.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I've been having issues with my GTX 970 SLI setup, but it's more than just at the driver level.  Windows won't properly allocate PCIe lanes to the second card, so it says it doeesn't have enough resources to start in Device Manager.  What code is it throwing for you?

My issues seem to be related to the Windows Creator's update, as when I roll back I don't have the issue.  I'm currently working with Nvidia tech support to resolve the issue.  Sucks, but I'm hoping they get enough info so that they can help other people with problems as well.