help with specs for new DL and streaming server

KRONZO

Hi all 

I have a HP proliant micro server that is used for downloading and streaming but it is running out of space and having trouble keeping up so im thinking i need something new and want to build.

but i have no idea what is needed and dont have the money to do overkill so i am seeking your advice on how a build would look like and the best way to run it, right now i just run my micro server on win10

I dont really have a budget, but i don't have a fortune to throw at it either, so as cheap as possible and i dont mind used.

this server will run utorrent or the likes, and Emby server (with 2 or 3 users) and a couple of programs for automation and will also serve as my nas, so it will be on 24/7.

I would like it to be low power since it's always on, and there should be room to add more storage (currently I am at my 5th hard drive(need to up the sizes)) and since i live in an appartement and cant hide it away somewhat small.

what specs should a pc like this have and what would be the best way to run it, should i use virtualization or does it not matter. I am based in Denmark and hope you guys can help me

You might find one of the newer home/SOHO NAS boxes provides the desired functionality. Checkout offerings from Asustor, Qnap, and Synology to name a few. All three web sites offer a NAS/NVR Selector that can help in narrowing down the options.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

thanks for the answer but im looking to put one together myself those are too expensive and you need to buy a new one at one point again