Google Factory Reset Protection Android 4.4

Dudefoxlive

Hi, i was given an alcatel one touch pixi eclipse and she had reset it by using the hardware key combo.  i was able to get her google info to unlock the device but i noticed that the device runs on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and it had some kind of Factory reset protection.  I don't know if it is google Factory Reset Protection or one that alcatel has made.  Seems more like google because of the fact that i needed her google account to unlock it.  Any thoughts on to how alcatel implemented this into their phones?

That protection is built into Android starting Android 4.4 KitKat by Google itself, not by manufacturers/vendors.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

That protection is built into Android starting Android 4.4 KitKat by Google itself, not by manufacturers/vendors.

Most say that they started in Android 5.  But sense this phone and 4.4 and  Google Reset Protection i can see how they would start rolling it out.

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

Most say that they started in Android 5.  But sense this phone and 4.4 and  Google Reset Protection i can see how they would start rolling it out.