LAN gaming with no internet access?

This thanksgiving me and a few family members are going camping out in the desert and want to play a few games like Terraria and such together. Since there's probably no 4g internet out there would setting a phone as a hotspot work? I get that we wouldn't be able to go online but can we still connect and play?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

2 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

This thanksgiving me and a few family members are going camping out in the desert and want to play a few games like Terraria and such together. Since there's probably no 4g internet out there would setting a phone as a hotspot work? I get that we wouldn't be able to go online but can we still connect and play?

What would work best is connecting via a powered network switch so that the computers can all play on the same intranet

IM BACK BABY

2 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

What would work best is connecting via a powered network switch so that the computers can all play on the same intranet

And the switch + some ethernet cables would be all I need to set up a network?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

LAN is literally local area network. It doesn't need connection to internet. Just switch for PCs to see each other in same network. Same way former Tek Syndicate had HighLANder set done.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do note that if you only have a switch and computers you won't have a DHCP server so you will need to set up your ip addresses manually or run a DHCP server on one of the machines.
You can run a program like this for example :
http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/