OnePlus 3T and Wifi Extender

Rienks

So my current wifi signal doesn't reach to my room so I brought a powerline adapter (D-Link AV500 Mini) so I could get a signal. The adapter is pretty close to me, separated by one wooden wall. The problem I am having is that my new phone the OnePlus 3T (Android 7.1.1) when connected either can't access the internet or is dial-up speeds. I never experienced this issue with my old phone (Huawei P8 Lite) and the 3T isn't like this when connected to any other wifi network. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back

If the network is on 5 GHz, then this might be the cause. Wall penetrating capability (or lack theroff) is the primary weakness to using 5 GHz. Older devices on 2.4 GHz wouldn't suffer as easily, though it is a heavily used spectrum and may not be suitable with close neighboring networks and devices on the same spectrum.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

32 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

If the network is on 5 GHz, then this might be the cause. Wall penetrating capability (or lack theroff) is the primary weakness to using 5 GHz. Older devices on 2.4 GHz wouldn't suffer as easily, though it is a heavily used spectrum and may not be suitable with close neighboring networks and devices on the same spectrum.

The kit only broadcasts on 2.4 and I live in a suburb. I also took the time to change the channel to a less congested one.

Do you play football/soccer?

Cause you look like a left-back