B*tthurt over 1Plus not supporting Verizon, any good recommendations for phones?

AngeNoir0324

I have an iPhone 6 rn and am thinking of upgrading in the near future. I saw Linus’ on the 1plus 5t and was like “hey that’s perfect price and all performance”. I can get the money to buy the phone, but I’m stuck with my parent’s plan with Verizon until I move out, so that’s a restriction. And the new razor phone looked great, but there it was, or actually wasn’t, support for Verizon. I don’t care if it’s android, but I want reasonability. Not many people have the money just to buy an X(pensive), so the Note is our too.

Any thoughts? And anyonelse in my boat?

stick with your iphone 6 till you move out, then move to whatever phone you want

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Back in April I created a post very similar to this. Idk if it will help or not but I'll link it.

Anyways, I have the S8+ and she went with the pixel. She loves her pixel, but IMO my S8 feels much more premium and more responsive overall.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

i recommend to stick with the 6 until you move out but if thats going to be a while id recommend the s8. i have it with verizon and love it.

Thanks guys I think I will just stick with my 6, but why aren’t the good phones (1plus) on Verizon?

Both the iphone 7 and 7 plus are significantly  less than the s8 on Verizon, and better phones imho.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

On 11/20/2017 at 12:52 AM, AngeNoir0324 said:

I have an iPhone 6 rn and am thinking of upgrading in the near future. I saw Linus’ on the 1plus 5t and was like “hey that’s perfect price and all performance”. I can get the money to buy the phone, but I’m stuck with my parent’s plan with Verizon until I move out, so that’s a restriction. And the new razor phone looked great, but there it was, or actually wasn’t, support for Verizon. I don’t care if it’s android, but I want reasonability. Not many people have the money just to buy an X(pensive), so the Note is our too.

Just going to add this. Verizon and Sprints Networks on 3G and below are CDMA, thats why none of these unlocked phones work, because most if not all of these phones like the Oneplus phones and the Razer phones are GSM capable, not CDMA. 

So in the future when you get the hell away from Verizon you need to make sure you on a network like T Mobile or AT&T. You might look at the Google Pixel phones, I know they have an Verizon exclusive, Meaning if you want to buy from a Cell Carrier you can only buy it at Verizon. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, Donut417 said:

Just going to add this. Verizon and Sprints Networks on 3G and below are CDMA, thats why none of these unlocked phones work, because most if not all of these phones like the Oneplus phones and the Razer phones are GSM capable, not CDMA. 

So in the future when you get the hell away from Verizon you need to make sure you on a network like T Mobile or AT&T. You might look at the Google Pixel phones, I know they have an Verizon exclusive, Meaning if you want to buy from a Cell Carrier you can only buy it at Verizon. 

speaking of unlocked phones, could Verizon unlock a  1Plus or Razer phone?

Just now, AngeNoir0324 said:

speaking of unlocked phones, could Verizon unlock a  1Plus or Razer phone?

OnePlus phones are GSM only. They technically wont work on the Verizon network as they only got GSM radios, and anything under 4G at Verizon is CDMA. But under the law from what I read, all phone companies have to unlock phones. Most if not all have a few criteria you have to complete first. Mostly making sure the phone is paid off. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 11/20/2017 at 8:09 AM, AngeNoir0324 said:

Thanks guys I think I will just stick with my 6, but why aren’t the good phones (1plus) on Verizon?

CDMA isn't really worth implementing unless there is an incentive to, and for small Chinese companies like OnePlus there isn't. US is one of the only countries still using CDMA and even there it'll be dead in a few years as the push to VoLTE continues (Verizon and Sprint on board). CDMA used to be around here in Canada in the early 3G days but has long been thrown out in favor of developing GSM networks.

"Rawr XD"

On 11/19/2017 at 11:52 PM, AngeNoir0324 said:

Try the pixel since verizon loves the pixel