Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 10 Pro or Home?

Adrean123561

I am getting a custom built PC in the upcoming week and wanted to know if there will be a noticeable difference if I use Windows 10 Home instead of Pro. I been told to get Windows Pro. 

What's the difference?

What makes Pro better? 

And finally, would it matter for a gaming rig?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Cv2Pjc

you can google the differences.

for gaming it doesn't matter.

if you need the features of win10 pro, get that. otherwise, get win10 home.

She/Her

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 | i5 5257U | Intel Iris 6100 | 8GB Ram | 120GB SSD | macOS Monterey

If you're a basic user and have to ask, save a couple bucks and get Home. Pro has some really good features, but if you don't use them, it's really not worth the time or effort.

8 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

Also, be aware that you can still activate a new windows 10 install with an old windows 7 or 8 laptop / OEM desktop key, if you have one that you don't use.

Where do I find the product key that came with my Acer laptop back in 2013? It should be in the control panel right?

1 hour ago, Adrean123561 said:

Where do I find the product key that came with my Acer laptop back in 2013? It should be in the control panel right?

If you had windows installed on ur computer and want to retrieve the key you can download a program called produkey and you get ur licence

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

OEM licenses are not transferable. It is locked to the motherboard it is first installed on.

Only retail licenses