Switched to mechanical keyboard --> my hand is sick

irrelevancyhack

hello so i basically never played on mechanical keyboard (or maybe back in the day when computers cames up, but i don't really remember), and 2/3 months after buying a new pc i bought a good mechanical just thinking it would be a good bet for cs:go, also the size of my g105 was bothering me, as well as the crappy M1 M2 M3 M4 .. M19 keys in additions that i never use.

but i didn't knew it was not mechanical, i assumed it was a gaming keyboard like all the gaming keyboards today, mechanical.

and when i switched (steelseries apex, pretty much the same as K65 and other, cherry mx red) i had hand pain really more quickly than with the old one. i thought a time to adapt was needed but actually, i noticed that the AD AD are really really different, such as all the sensation of using the keyboard. it's like with a slower non mechanical i have to push harder but it's more safe for my hand, while on this one it's so fast that i have to train sensitivity and "motor" of my hand in order to be precise and do the same actions. 

it was like before i was AD AD ing perfectly and it was a little brutforce on my keyboard, now the movements are really smaller (because the key is faster end-course) and so it's more "tricky" to achieve the actions. like smaller movements = more focus, a bit the opposite of mouse sensitivity where lower sensitivity = wider movements movements with more force.

a bit like if i increased my "keyboard sensitivity". very more difficult to do precise movement on an higher sensitivity if you get me.

i see everyone is using mechanical today so i guess you get used to pretty easily, but that's not the case for me at all.

so wonder your own feedback on fast mechanical keyboard, would be nice to read.

thanks

I didn't buy a mechanical keyboard yet because I might not like the switches so it whould be a waste. But I can't try any keaboards here

Still use a membrane keyboard at work. It's nice because it's quiet. Mechanical keyboard at home with mx-brown switches. Still a bit more quiet but nothing close to as quiet as a membrane keyboard. As for your hands getting tired or sore, just practice typing more and you'll be fine. It's not like you're lifting or pushing 20 pound weights or anything :D

I'd rather use membrane than any linear mechanical switch. My perfect keyboard would be a chiclet MX Brown keyboard.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I have MX brown switches.. So basically blue switches, but with less noise and less pronounced click.

It's definetely softer than a membrane keyboard and you have to get used to it. 

When I got it, I made a lot of unintentional click because I was used to just slamming on my keyboard to get that stroke activated..

Now that I'm used to it, I can type with little to no force and It feels great. You just have to re-train your hands. 

Mechanical is very different than membrane. And red switches which have no clicks.. you need time to get used to them. 

I can't stand mechanical keyboards, there so clicky and irritating to me, haven't tried browns but from what i heard there the best for me out of all the switches

8 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

I can't stand mechanical keyboards, there so clicky and irritating to me, haven't tried browns but from what i heard there the best for me out of all the switches

If you go mechanical and you plan to do anything beside gaming on it, browns or silent switches are the way to go. blues are freaking loud and reds are just useless for anything else than gaming. 

Imo a good silent chiclet style keyboard is the best if you type a lot. You can't use mechanic in public anyways hah

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

If you go mechanical and you plan to do anything beside gaming on it, browns or silent switches are the way to go. blues are freaking loud and reds are just useless for anything else than gaming. 

Imo a good silent chiclet style keyboard is the best if you type a lot. You can't use mechanic in public anyways hah

Yea, i tried a CM mech keyboard, since i play allot of CS (1.6 not go, oldsql :D ) and i don't have good headphones, can't hear ANYTHING in game over the keyboard, nevermore

red switches are just horrible in my opinion, they are shit to type on and i cant say i notice any difference over browns in response time and stuff

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Yea, i tried a CM mech keyboard, since i play allot of CS (1.6 not go, oldsql :D ) and i don't have good headphones, can't hear ANYTHING in game over the keyboard, nevermore

Yeah.. my brother hates my for gaming late at night because the noise is just insane.. But it feels super good. I love the feel. They're just loud. So so loud.. But I wear closed back headphones so I don't really hear anything. 

Good thing my laptop has one of the most quiet keyboards I've used.. That thing is basically silent...

10 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Still use a membrane keyboard at work. It's nice because it's quiet. Mechanical keyboard at home with mx-brown switches. Still a bit more quiet but nothing close to as quiet as a membrane keyboard. As for your hands getting tired or sore, just practice typing more and you'll be fine. It's not like you're lifting or pushing 20 pound weights or anything :D

haha :D you don't know how trained and competitive is this community. 

15 hours ago, Light-Yagami said:

I hated Silents when I tried them. So mushy, maybe even more than Romer Gs. Kinda defeats the object of the crispness of mechanical keys for me.

Also didn't like Blues at all, at the other end of the spectrum.