Decided to give NiceHash a try last night

hhcUQZk.png

About 6 hours with three 980ti's.

Two gigabyte 980ti gaming G1 (run way too hot, need to find AIO mods for these) on a i7-6700k rig

and one EVGA 980ti Hybrid on an i5-6600K rig.

I'm running the EVGA 980ti Hybrid now during the day since it stays at a cool 50c while mining.

the Gigabyte 980tis run a little hot over 70c which I don't like so.. gonna try to find some AIOs for them so when my main PC is idle it can mine.

Not bad for doing nothing but using some electricity.

My mining journey

so i was averagin about 4 a day, and i just cant justify putting the wear and tear on my 1080ti. is it actually worth it? i live in base housing at ellsworth afb and dont have to pay a cent toward utilities, so its just straight profit. 

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hey that's not bad. I hopped on the nicehash bandwagon last night too. Mining on an r7 240 with AMD's blockchain drivers I made 10 cents. Hopefully tomorrow my replacement power supply will show up and I'll have my 3960X and 290X running again.

Before I started my workers mining, I ran the precise benchmark on both of them.. I don't know if that helps better calibrate the workers for mining... but I assumed it would. Takes a while to run those benchmarks. Can anyone confirm if that's how the benchmark's work?

My mining journey

I mined over the summer with just my 1060 and 1700x and I was made around $180. If I didn't spend it I would have around $280 or so.

Space is pretty awesome.

it does, it decides which currency to mine based on what your hardware would mine the best, and the benchmarks are how it determines that

My Build: I7 7700k----1080 TI----Samsung 850 EVO 500gb----WD Blue 1tb----32gb Ripjaw 5 3000mhz----RIING 240 AIO----MSI z270 Gaming M5----EVGA G3 750W

All inside a Phanteks ENTHOO LUXE tempered glass edition. build name: Red Letter Day (wheres all the HL2 fans??)

Just now, ФÐ|invader zim said:

so i was averagin about 4 a day, and i just cant justify putting the wear and tear on my 1080ti. is it actually worth it? i live in base housing at ellsworth afb and dont have to pay a cent toward utilities, so its just straight profit. 

If you keep them very cool, it's not going to decrease the life of your 1080ti (I don't think) if you're not OC clocking it.

This is why I'm running my EVGA 980ti Hybrid during the day. It's doing stock boost and yet staying at 50c.

I think it will be just fine if I run it like that for long periods of time.

My mining journey

i have a ton of case fans and its a strix, even oced by a decent bit it still never got over 65

i dont really need the money and even if it paid off the card if it just randomly died on a holiday weekend or something id be very sad.

1 minute ago, ФÐ|invader zim said:

i dont really need the money and even if it paid off the card if it just randomly died on a holiday weekend or something id be very sad.

That's why I bought EVGA for my 3rd 980ti back when (they have a GREAT warranty), and also got special PC coverage under my homeowners insurance plan incase something happens.

And also why I haven't gone past stock boost on the cards.

My mining journey

@vinyldash303 Yea the GUI would sometimes bug out on me too, so I found once it got past that initial first loading (if you close and restart before finishing it will keep asking you for the captcha).. I'd reset it and then the 2nd time it loaded after the first full successful load. The command prompt would open up and everything would start working after I benchmarked. Same thing for both PCs. I can see a LOT of people not trusting the first load and thinking the GUI is broken and keep restarting it.. not realizing it needs to fully load the first time and can take around 30 minutes per PC on that first load. That's my observation anyway when googling this.

My mining journey

Taking the night off Boinc and setup Nicehash to run to see how it goes. (system in sig). It is all benchmarked, but seems to be jumping between coins fairly frequently. The rate per day in USD seems to sit at between 5.00 and 7.30 depending on the coin at the time.

Just using the 2x Vega 64 LC's and not the CPU because from experience in Boinc if you saturate the CPU then you starve the GPUs. The GPUs are sitting at 65-66 deg C just like under Boinc load also. System is not overclocked except a modest raise of system RAM frequency to 2800Mhz. Crossfire is off.

I have another 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave LC on order with a second 1300 watt PSU, so I might give it another nights work under nicehash when they are installed, but I don't want to let my Seti@Home RAC degrade too far. This system should hit Seti world top 10 once all 4 GPUs are up and running.

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~