Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some help with RAM!

Hey guys I have 8gb of ram in my system and thinking about upgrading but I cant find the exact same model. so my question is if i buy the same Mhz and brand would that work?

my system is as follows:

4790k cpu, gtx970 gfx, WD 1 TB, windows 7, 750W psu, 1 network card, 1 sound card.

according to CPU-Z my memory is GSkill Part Number  F3-17000CL11 it also says Max Bandwidth is PC3-12800(800Mhz) but the ram sticks default clock speed is 2133 Mhz and I am running it that speed using XMP profile. I saw a few ram sticks similar to this one but i couldnt find the exact same one. So i was thinking to add 2 more sticks of new ram something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231654&cm_re=G.SKILL_F3-2133C10D-_-20-231-654-_-Product

Would this work?

Any type of input is highly appreciated.

Off-Topic: i would highly recommend that you upgrade to windows 10, as it is safer and better.

6 minutes ago, Versti said:

Off-Topic: i would highly recommend that you upgrade to windows 10, as it is safer and better.

I have been meaning to do that, I really like windows 7 but I am trying to get windows 10 at a cheaper price. Hopefully this black friday.

40 minutes ago, Adgj533 said:

I have been meaning to do that, I really like windows 7 but I am trying to get windows 10 at a cheaper price. Hopefully this black friday.

Good luck,