Take Two Interactive commits to putting Microtransactions in EVERY FUTURE GAME in continuation of Games As a Service.

AlTech

No point in complaining, this only happened because it was the market's demand.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Because of focus testing and the industries obsession with making every game have mass appeal. Like a said above, making a game that is focused on one specific genre and then selling it and making a small profit just isn't good enough any more. If a game doesn't make 3 times its initial investment in profit then its classed as unprofitable and a flop.

Every game has to appeal to every person and the result is clones of clones of games (which just happened to do well) that are as dumbed down as possible and have no real genre because classifying a game under a genre might put a certain subset of people off from buying it.

Open World 3rd Person Action FPS with RPG Elements is the current obsession.

I agree, but the problem is this decline in quality of the two mentioned games doesn't increase appeal to anyone.AC syndicate has far inferior story, worse soundtrack (in fact there is no ambient music, most tracks are identical), characters are also irrelevant.This isn't the typical "make it so easy that brainless gamers can be the Doom guy".

19 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

I agree, but the problem is this decline in quality of the two mentioned games doesn't increase appeal to anyone.AC syndicate has far inferior story, worse soundtrack (in fact there is no ambient music, most tracks are identical), characters are also irrelevant.This isn't the typical "make it so easy that brainless gamers can be the Doom guy".

Yes, that's very obvious to us as the consumers but remember these publishers are so arrogant they they literally think we don't actually know what we want and instead will simply buy what they tell us we should be buying (and yeah, that is almost a direct quote from some AAA CEO btw)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

31 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

No point in complaining, this only happened because it was the market's demand.

What a dumb argument.

If you put something in enough different products then its possible to sell enough to make it seem like its in demand when it actually isn't.

For example lets say the soft drinks industry decided to start charging customer for straws that are required to drink every soft drink you buy and that overnight every soft drinks manufacturer changed the design of cans and bottles so that these straws were required. Enough people would go out and buy those straws that it would look like they were the hot new item when infact they were forced onto consumers who had no other choice.

This is how the AAA industry operates, if they all do the exact same thing in all their games at the same time then it forces consumers into buying things they might otherwise not have done and might not necessarily want either. Then they hit the news with "look how well are lootboxes are selling, people obviously want them" and use it as a self perpetuating excuse.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yes, that's very obvious to us as the consumers but remember these publishers are so arrogant they they literally think we don't actually know what we want and instead will simply buy what they tell us we should be buying (and yeah, that is almost a direct quote from some AAA CEO btw)

This could be true since developers / publishers don't seem to care about feedback.

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

What a dumb argument.

If you put something in enough different products then its possible to sell enough to make it seem like its in demand when it actually isn't.

It happens everywhere, as long as something is common, it's normal.The interesting thing about the gaming industry is that there's barely any competition.

So basically their AAA games will be more like $$$ games. No ty.

I only buy games once i believe the price is fair for what i would get for my money.

Also if i can't buy everything in 1 go (full game with all dlc and whatever) i won't even bother. Even if it is split up into 5 pieces that cost 1 buck each or whatever.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

36 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

What a dumb argument.

I'd love discussing it in dept with you but I'm kinda against uncalled offensive... As simplistic as that statement is, it carries its truthiness and logic that something only exists for sale because there's someone interested in purchasing it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Really ? Really ? OMG 
I can't believe this. Doing this is exactly against R* character. R* is perfectionist and they release a game when it's really done and then , start releasing DLCs similar to GTA V + having an active modding community (SP not the MP), NOT releasing a game that is NOT finished and ask for money to give them the finished one
And the way they wana go is going to ruin their PR. I don't know why are they going to do that? They are already making a ton of money out of GTA Onlive/v and their games sell really good because they haven't done that.
let's hope that they won't ruin RDR2 and GTA VI

54 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Really ? Really ? OMG 
I can't believe this. Doing this is exactly against R* character. R* is perfectionist and they release a game when it's really done and then , start releasing DLCs similar to GTA V + having an active modding community (SP not the MP), NOT releasing a game that is NOT finished and ask for money to give them the finished one
And the way they wana go is going to ruin their PR. I don't know why are they going to do that? They are already making a ton of money out of GTA Onlive/v and their games sell really good because they haven't done that.
let's hope that they won't ruin RDR2 and GTA VI

Iirc they will ruin GTA VI in the same way they ruined GTA V because they will keep the same business model.

I mean a lot of people (including me) bought GTA V but hate the direction the game went.

Like, there's no extra content for single player. The cars from GTA online aren't available in the SP. They even went as far as adding a protection when the new Online cars get spawned in SP they would despawn instantly. (modders got around it but still, wtf).

They ban people unfairly. (they banned for example 1 of the accounts from the yogscast during a livestream)

Stuff got REALLY expensive and unless you pay it's basically 1 massive grind. To compare it with the real world. In most EU countries it's actually a better idea to go outside, get a job and work for minimum wage and spend all that money in gta V. That's a more efficient way of getting money in gta V...

Also, some people spent a lot of time and money in gta V, do they really expect people will just leave it all behind and start from scratch again in gta VI? Some people will of course but i'm sure some are sick of it and won't bother anymore.

I really hope GTA V was like the peak of all of it and people won't bother throwing a bunch of money again at gta VI.

I have gta V but unless something changes i won't bother buying gta VI...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I'd love discussing it in dept with you but I'm kinda against uncalled offensive... As simplistic as that statement is, it carries its truthiness and logic that something only exists for sale because there's someone interested in purchasing it.

I didn't call you dumb, I said you put forward a dumb argument.

The big distinction here is they're not really items for sale, they're add one for an existing item that's already been sold. They've already got that captive audience and they're going to milk them dry in much the same way food & drink costs increase at sports events or the cinemas. Sure you don't need popcorn but did you have that complete cinema experience without it?

Haha pathetic such a joke. Reason I don't buy such games. Game as a service oh wow so sad. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

It all continues to pile up: Publishers double down on DRM, Microtransaction, increasingly worst quality games (arguable but still). How long until they decide "Yeah AAA game releases are no longer sustainable all our games will be subscription based from now on" and the entire gaming industry comes crashing the fuck down?

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

It all continues to pile up: Publishers double down on DRM, Microtransaction, increasingly worst quality games (arguable but still). How long until they decide "Yeah AAA game releases are no longer sustainable all our games will be subscription based from now on" and the entire gaming industry comes crashing the fuck down?

I'm willing to bet in the future it will be Gaming as a Service where everything will be in the cloud. No need for DRM or micro transactions if you're paying a monthly subscription to play your games. Netflix did it with movies, it's only a matter of time before we see a bigger transition to things like GeForce Now.

-KuJoe

Thought companies would stop microtransactions and all this sh*t because there are a lot of hate around this, but NO...
Looks like mobile gaming is coming to PC

9 minutes ago, johnjohns111 said:

Thought companies would stop microtransactions and all this sh*t because there are a lot of hate around this, but NO...
Looks like mobile gaming is coming to PC

No amount of hate, anger, or backlash would ever stop any company from printing free money. Ever.

-KuJoe

7 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

No amount of hate, anger, or backlash would ever stop any company from printing free money. Ever.

That is true. I'm too naive

I can actually deal with microtransactions, if they're used in moderation.

Problem is, half the time they're used, they're shoved down your throat.

Though really I think they're completely unjustified unless it's a free-to-play game. Either the microtransactions are the only money stream or the company is a bunch of greedy assholes.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I strictly avoid games that are Pay-to-win. That's why I really like Planetside 2.

46 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I'm willing to bet in the future it will be Gaming as a Service where everything will be in the cloud. No need for DRM or micro transactions if you're paying a monthly subscription to play your games. Netflix did it with movies, it's only a matter of time before we see a bigger transition to things like GeForce Now.

Netflix succeeded cause it was willing to jump in early and snatch collections of reasonable sizes. PC is already too fragmented with too many stores as it is: Origin, Uplay, Steam, Gog, Battle.net (or whatever it's called now) Windows store and now even Bethesda are pushing their own store fronts.

Once they go subscription based it's gonna be extremely difficult to compel users to pay for 1 or 2 of these services, let alone 7 or 8 of them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So apt:

(lyrics sum the Gaming Industry seeing nothing wrong etc etc least in my head)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I dont think I have played any games from taketwo or rockstar in my 20 years of gaming. I always wanted to play red redemption but since its only on console. I wont play it. Each year the Triple A gaming companies has alienated me more and more. I have not owned a console since the gamcube and I dont feel like i'm missing anything. Gaming companies ignore gamers like myself, who have more disposal income. I'm always willing to buy more gamers in a calendar year. However the shyte they produce today only reaffirms why I shouldnt give them my money.  If a game has microtranastions I dont buy it. If a game has DLC wait a year or two and buy the games with all its content for less than half of the retail cost. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

9 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Isn't this a myth?Costs might have increased, but so did the audience.

it's myth, just fanboys blindly eating every crap their Gods trows at them

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Thank fucking god for Jim Fucking Sterling son

every time the industry starts to move in the right direction if takes 2 steps back........and they wonder why people pirate

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017