Lian Li Alpha 550 - EATX Support? Reviewers calling you.

Hazeno

Ok guys, It's that time for ANOTHER post as I am such an Indicicive person.

Looking for a case that fits my needs that's white and tempered glass is proving REALLY difficult! Until now. It says ATX BUT as you will see in the pictures i think I have clearance.

After much scraping about I have found 2 cases. One is guaranteed to work thats the Thermaltake View 71, But this will need powder coating ( finding a powder coater for a PC chassis won't be easy round me )

But what I HAVE found is the Lian Li Alpha 550 RGB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ztqNaSGDI&t=159s

It's an ATX Case, but LOOKS like it will fit my EATX board with about 3mm to spare, 5mm at a push but space is space AMIRITE?

In the video he uses the same card as me the HOF Galax 1080ti except he has a waterblock,This uses the same mounting screw for the backplate so the 'spacing' / 'length' is the exact same. So going off that as a base I put these pictures together.

On the left is his GPU -n Notice the screw at the cover being roughly inline? Well if we look at my GPU and my motherboard - there's a 2 - 4mm GAP which in theory means my board will fit! Am i seeing things? But have i just found the case of my dreams!?

YES I know the Picture isn't HIRES but it's the best I can get from YT. 

After some careful deducing from the right hand picture, the bay is 440mm, From the left side to the 'cable shroud' is 293mm give or take? Anyone else think I am on the right track? I've give a CRUDE as hell image but it gets the point across.

MOther board is 277mm - By my guestimations the 'IO to shroud' is 290mm?

piuc.png

071.png

crude.png

Just looking at the stock pictures and comparing the mounting holes to an E-ATX board, it's gonna be a tight fit.

Don't forget that even if the motherboard fits, you then have to try and squeze the 24pin cable through that tiny gap if you want it to look as clean as possible, which it more than likely won't fit through.

Edit - also interestingly when on Lian li's website, if you view cases by E-ATX, the Alpha 550 does come up.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

9 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Just looking at the stock pictures and comparing the mounting holes to an E-ATX board, it's gonna be a tight fit.

Don't forget that even if the motherboard fits, you then have to try and squeze the 24pin cable through that tiny gap if you want it to look as clean as possible, which it more than likely won't fit through.

Edit - also interestingly when on Lian li's website, if you view cases by E-ATX, the Alpha 550 does come up.

As you can see my by CRUDE AS SIN Paint picture, I have at most 13mm to play with. I don't mind a little squeeze as i can go over ther shroud for the 24 pin connector it won't kill me that much. 

I also Noticed myself that it's in the E-ATX section literally 2 minutes before you posted. No joke it's tight. BUT there's been no case that has come close to what I am looking for until this was stumbled upon while browsing YT. 

Just now, Hazeno said:

As you can see my by CRUDE AS SIN Paint picture, I have at most 13mm to play with. I don't mind a little squeeze as i can go over ther shroud for the 24 pin connector it won't kill me that much. 

I also Noticed myself that it's in the E-ATX section literally 2 minutes before you posted. No joke it's tight. BUT there's been no case that has come close to what I am looking for until this was stumbled upon while browsing YT. 

Best option might be to just contact them honestly.

It's rather confusing that it comes up when sorting by e-atx, but on the product page it only says ATX. They might be confused about it themselves lol.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

Best option might be to just contact them honestly.

It's rather confusing that it comes up when sorting by e-atx, but on the product page it only says ATX. They might be confused about it themselves lol.

I've sent them a message, I have also sent the YT reviewer a message in hopes he will respond with some good news lul.

I'm in the same boat i need a case for a e-atx board,Let us know what Lian Li says because i have heard it the same way you did,Reviewers say it does support it while Lian Li says atx or smaller.I found one bad thing about the Thermaltake View 71 with eatx the board covers the grommets and you have to run your power cables through a open hole in the front of the case.Skip to about 4 mins

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/alpha-series/

I did some reading for both of us,Going from their website it does support some eatx boards depending its true size.The board they show and list fitting is RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 which is 12.00" x 10.70" but a true eatx board is 12x13 so double check your boards measurements if its 12x10.70 or less you can use that case if its bigger then it probably won't fit with out mods.

36 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

I did some reading for both of us,Going from their website it does support some eatx boards depending its true size.The board they show and list fitting is RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 which is 12.00" x 10.70" but a true eatx board is 12x13 so double check your boards measurements if its 12x10.70 or less you can use that case if its bigger then it probably won't fit with out mods.

I've spoken to LianLi this morning the Asus Rampage V Edition 10 fits and only just touches the cable management holes. 

This is a 10.7 (272mm) so here's enough room for the Rampage VI which is 277mm. Awesome news. Now to wait until 23rd or so of November.... 

Here's a 244mm MM board with 35mm extra room before the cable blinder. 

I'm happy enough that I have 1 to 3mm wiggle room. 

received_942486889239673.jpeg

I'm sure they would but you might not like the price,Or hit up Lian Li and ask for the companies in the Uk or Europe that carry their stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro but, will this case work with the Rampage V Edition 10? Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Candren Lycosa said:

Sorry for the necro but, will this case work with the Rampage V Edition 10? Thanks.

Here is your answer :D

On 11/7/2017 at 2:43 AM, andrewmp6 said:

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

25 minutes ago, Tech22 said:

Here is your answer :D

thanks man, i'll look into either getting this or an SMA8 Rev A.

Just now, Candren Lycosa said:

thanks man, i'll look into either getting this or an SMA8 Rev A.

Yeah. Wish that would be out sooner so I can start my build :D

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

13 minutes ago, Tech22 said:

Yeah. Wish that would be out sooner so I can start my build :D

It's up for order in Canada rn

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Candren Lycosa said:

not quite, but it DOES have Tempered glass.

Yeah, went through it.  The side panel cutouts seem like a great idea.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I do like the style of caselabs But the lack of dust filters and the prices are my big problems.I know its aluminum and hand made,But cases like Lian Li are aluminum but for the alpha line and they have had dust filters for a long time and built amazingly well to me.

On 07/11/2017 at 7:28 AM, Hazeno said:

Ok guys, It's that time for ANOTHER post as I am such an Indicicive person.

Looking for a case that fits my needs that's white and tempered glass is proving REALLY difficult! Until now. It says ATX BUT as you will see in the pictures i think I have clearance.

After much scraping about I have found 2 cases. One is guaranteed to work thats the Thermaltake View 71, But this will need powder coating ( finding a powder coater for a PC chassis won't be easy round me )

But what I HAVE found is the Lian Li Alpha 550 RGB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ztqNaSGDI&t=159s

It's an ATX Case, but LOOKS like it will fit my EATX board with about 3mm to spare, 5mm at a push but space is space AMIRITE?

In the video he uses the same card as me the HOF Galax 1080ti except he has a waterblock,This uses the same mounting screw for the backplate so the 'spacing' / 'length' is the exact same. So going off that as a base I put these pictures together.

On the left is his GPU -n Notice the screw at the cover being roughly inline? Well if we look at my GPU and my motherboard - there's a 2 - 4mm GAP which in theory means my board will fit! Am i seeing things? But have i just found the case of my dreams!?

YES I know the Picture isn't HIRES but it's the best I can get from YT. 

After some careful deducing from the right hand picture, the bay is 440mm, From the left side to the 'cable shroud' is 293mm give or take? Anyone else think I am on the right track? I've give a CRUDE as hell image but it gets the point across.

MOther board is 277mm - By my guestimations the 'IO to shroud' is 290mm?

piuc.png

071.png

crude.png

I am not a big fan of the Alpha 550. I like the View 71 more. As for the EATX support, get an NZXT H700i for that. Or a Corsair 570X for tempered glass on all sides. Check this page for a list of E-ATX cases - https://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Computer-Cases/subcat/Full-Tower-E-ATX-Cases

7 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

I am not a big fan of the Alpha 550. I like the View 71 more. As for the EATX support, get an NZXT H700i for that. Or a Corsair 570X for tempered glass on all sides. Check this page for a list of E-ATX cases - https://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Computer-Cases/subcat/Full-Tower-E-ATX-Cases

main reason why i am interested in the case is because of the watercooling support (specifically with the Reservoir Mount in the case)