Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RGB LED Strips (where should I control them from?)

JukeFactory

Hello another annoying question from a first time builder. I am ready to add some LED RGBW case strips. I have the Asus Crosshair Vi hero MOBO and also the Corsair Commander Pro. 

1. Should I connect the strips to the MOBO or CP? 

2. Does anyone have a link to good RGB strips? Corsair has some but idk if others are better. 

2 minutes ago, JukeFactory said:

Hello another annoying question from a first time builder. I am ready to add some LED RGBW case strips. I have the Asus Crosshair Vi hero MOBO and also the Corsair Commander Pro. 

1. Should I connect the strips to the MOBO or CP? 

2. Does anyone have a link to good RGB strips? Corsair has some but idk if others are better. 

Asus only has RGB capable motherboards so you would need to get another a seperate controller if you wanted to have RGBW based LED’s. Personally I would suggest to connect them to the motherboard for integrated control but if you get RGBW ones such as  Cable Mods have kits for those.

-Moved to Modding section- 

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

Asus only has RGB capable motherboards so you would need to get another a seperate controller if you wanted to have RGBW based LED’s. Personally I would suggest to connect them to the motherboard for integrated control but if you get RGBW ones such as  Cable Mods have kits for those.

-Moved to Modding section- 

Ok what about the Commander Pro? I think this is also RGB only. I have 6 Corsair HD120 fans hooked up to this. Should I add the LED strips here? Also is there a big difference between RGB and RGBW? 

2 hours ago, JukeFactory said:

Ok what about the Commander Pro? I think this is also RGB only. I have 6 Corsair HD120 fans hooked up to this. Should I add the LED strips here? Also is there a big difference between RGB and RGBW? 

Yes the commander Pro is RGB only but they use addressable LED's so you can animate the LED strip, as for the difference between RGB and RGBW you get a much cleaner white color with RGBW since the LED's are not mixing red, green and blue to create white light. 

For the commander pro if you want LED's you'll need specifically theses. 

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-link-rgb-led-lighting-kit