The best way to listen to music at school.

Punk91903

I go to a school where we have Chromebooks and most things are ibossed so no SoundCloud no Spotify and youtube is  Blocked is what would be the best way. and pandora is aids and   I heart is crap so what is the best way?

And you need to use a streaming service?

I always used to just download music onto a usb drive or something and play it locally.

To get around a firewall is to use a vpn.

-アパゾ

Bypassing your school's Internet filtering/blocking/restrictions will most likely land you in trouble. Don't risk it.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

5 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

You could upload your MP3 files to a cloud service like Mega or Yandex Disk

Google drive. I use my phones hotspot.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

download that dank shit on a flash drive then import it on your device so it downloaded on to your Chromebook, but delete before end of the year. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

Mega comes with 50 free gigabytes and is encrypted, unlike Google. I use both Yandex and Mega, because Yandex is also my e-mail and it's convinient for sharing/teamworking, and Mega because of Encryption and how much free storage.

I like googles interface, and who the fuck has over 15gb of music? Oh wait, nvm. Im the guy who has 100gb of anime pictures.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

Im the guy who has 100gb of anime pictures.

I don't even want to know...

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Just now, MrImnotMLG said:

I don't even want to know...

Mmm, but you do. I get around half a gig a week

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, Ashiella said:

You got me there.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

3 minutes ago, MrImnotMLG said:

You got me there.

Dm if you actually.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

How is that even possible?

And just what does your 100gb comprise of.

-アパゾ

Just now, APasz said:

How is that even possible?

And just what does your 100gb comprise of.

Around 500 pics a week at about 1.2MB.

anime pictures. Drawn stuff, rawr.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

see if you cant hide an MP3 player somewhere in that chromebook is my first though, that or download most of it to a flash stick with "school work"

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

That's a few, hats off to you.

-アパゾ

2 hours ago, Ashiella said:

I feel as though I would like to do the same. I use about 300 gigabytes a week with music and videos so I think I'll start downloading the anime and manga section on 4chan

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Has Google Play been blocked? You could just upload all your music to that and stream from there.

2 hours ago, chiller15 said:

Bypassing your school's Internet filtering/blocking/restrictions will most likely land you in trouble. Don't risk it.

They have to catch the OP first though. :P

I like googles interface, and who the fuck has over 15gb of music? Oh wait, nvm. Im the guy who has 100gb of anime pictures.

I still buy physical copies of my music and then rip lossless copies, so I do. ;)

9 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Has Google Play been blocked? You could just upload all your music to that and stream from there.

They have to catch the OP first though. :P

I still buy physical copies of my music and then rip lossless copies, so I do. ;)

i have over 2000 CD's of music. in total I think I have around 50 gigs of music That I bought and downloaded

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

and who the fuck has over 15gb of music?

I'm at 198GB currently.  All either purchased online or ripped from CDs that are still in my closet. 

5a00a6440f1be_Musicfolder.jpg.19e0d03581be92bc10931cde818df77c.jpg

I could take it down to 60GB or thereabout by converting it all from .flac to .mp3 , but I prefer to keep it lossless as it allows you to convert it to whatever new format there will be in 10 or 20 years without losing audio quality.

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I'm at 198GB currently.  All either purchased online or ripped from CDs that are still in my closet. 

Reveal hidden contents

5a00a6440f1be_Musicfolder.jpg.19e0d03581be92bc10931cde818df77c.jpg

I could take it down to 60GB or thereabout by converting it all from .flac to .mp3 , but I prefer to keep it lossless as it allows you to convert it to whatever new format there will be in 10 or 20 years without losing audio quality.

Where do you get your music from

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Where do you get your music from

For digital downloads I check Bandcamp first, then 7digital.  iTunes is only when I really can't find it anywhere else.

If I want more than 1 song from a certain album, I'll just buy the physical CD.  I have a couple of good record stores nearby who often have new (as in "unopened") CDs on sale for 5-8 EUR, although for the older and rarer stuff I usually resort to Discogs or Ebay.

56 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

i have over 2000 CD's of music. in total I think I have around 50 gigs of music That I bought and downloaded

Wow. That is a lot. To rip all those in a lossless format, you would be looking at over 1 TB.

High five for still buying physical albums. ;)