how do i get good at counter strike

rubythunder
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,

I'm shit myself, but i know learning the map call outs is the most important imo. That way even when you get killed, you can still provide a lot of info.

I suppose in terms of gun fights, crosshair placement is key when navigating the map and tap firing/spray control.

i was playing cs go yesterday and i noticed "man i suck at this game" 

so i was wondering how to git gud i asked people... they shot me

practice 

practice

practice

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I'm shit myself, but i know learning the map call outs is the most important imo. That way even when you get killed, you can still provide a lot of info.

I suppose in terms of gun fights, crosshair placement is key when navigating the map and tap firing/spray control.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

14 hours ago, rubythunder said:

i was playing cs go yesterday and i noticed "man i suck at this game" 

so i was wondering how to git gud i asked people... they shot me

What mouse do you have?  Investing in a good optical mouse improved my stats tremendously.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Precise mouse that also feels good in hand, 120+ Hz monitor, rig that can supply so many frames, those 3 things help a lot in CS

Lower the settings, take off the frame cap and practice.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

- Thread Cleaned -

Keep comments to constructive responses.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Practice is the only real way honestly, and making sure you have atleast a constant 60fps can help(so you notice people/movements slightly sooner)

Most of CS:GO is reaction times and precision, if you can react sooner and be more precise, you're probably gonna get the kill rather than get killed.

Also playing with sounds on is a huge help, hearing someone reload, walk, or even scope in/out can give you an advantage if you can tell where the sound came from.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

6 hours ago, rubythunder said:

@IrshaadH i have a 2010 macbook pro trackpad

soooo

You won't get good using that.  You're at a considerable disadvantage to literally everyone else you're playing against.

Get a good mouse.  Play aim maps to increase your aiming and reflexes.

Practice, practice, practice. Take some time to learn the map layout and understand how skilled players use map tricks to their advantage.

Also, get a good mouse. You don't need a G502 Proteus Spectrum. Start off with a standard but reliable gaming mouse with an accurate sensor. In CS, precision is key, so you want to make sure your mouse tracks accurately.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Get a aim practice map, maybe use the crosshairs customize map. 

Frankie on pc has an aim video, and a few tip videos. 

The war owl has a few tip videos.

i haven’t played enough to get a rank but I’m usually pretty high/#1 in games. 

Stand still every time you shoot, aim for the head, use the AK-47, tap shoot, wait for aim to steady between shots, don’t pre-fire. Don’t shoot till your crosshairs is on the target. 

Spend hours in the aim practice map Frankie showed off. It got me reallllyyyy good. Once you get good at aiming and shooting, watch a few videos on how guns handle NOW!!’ They’ve been changed. All of them. Recently. 

Then it’s basic positivity and teamwork. Hope you don’t get trolls, report griefers and hackers. 

I basically only play dust 2, so just make calls if your team doesn’t “let’s go long A.”

”save this round, go mid to b tunnels” 

eventually start using grenades. 

Evemtually start looking at some 3kliksphilip videos. 

Learn a few basic callouts. I just watched people play and asked “where’s short A?”

its between the middle of the map and A and goes over/above where counter terrorists start. 

NEVER GET MAD, Shut down all raging players politely. 

“There’s no reason to get mad, we’re all having fun and really trying, we can try and win this next round.” 

Always compliment 

*guy misses every shot, drops gun whilst shooting and frags himself*

“aww man, that was a good try. Pretty stressful with all those enemies. This time I’ll stuck with you, and we’ll kill them together this time! Do you need a drop?” 

(Drop meaning you buy them a gun, drop it for them to pick up, and then you buy your own gun.) 

Pract.... No, that's totally wrong...

Micro Transactions!

You've got to practice a lot. If you are not that good, play bots until you're king. If you cannot beat the bots, you'll have a very hard time against people that have been playing CS since the original.