Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problem with copper and thermaltake radiator

Go to solution Solved by ApolloX75,

I wouldn't use it unless you have a good coolant with corrosion inhibitors, and even then I doubt it would perform as well as a Swiftech or Alphacool rad.

I wouldn't use it unless you have a good coolant with corrosion inhibitors, and even then I doubt it would perform as well as a Swiftech or Alphacool rad.

The New Machine: Intel 10600K / MSI Z590-A Pro / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair Carbide 175R / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Monster: Athlon XP 2800+ @ 2.3GHz, Asus A7N8X, 2x1GB DDR400, ATi X850 XT AGP, WD 80GB Caviar (PATA), No-Name 700W PSU, Deepcool Tesseract

The Overclocker: Core2Extreme QX9650 @4.5GHz, EVGA 790i FTW Digital, 4x2GB HyperX DDR3 1800, Kingston 240GB SSD, GTX 970, Custom loop cooling

1 minute ago, RandomGuy13 said:

That Radiator is "zinc alloy aluminum"

I have no experience in custom loop watercooling, but I was under the assumption that you shouldn't mix metals, so I would say that this would give you corrosion problems. But as I said, not an expert so I would see what other people say.

I read the same thing. That's why I'm asking. I think it would not

Quote me so I can reply <3

Just now, ApolloX75 said:

Understand, thanks!

Quote me so I can reply <3