Specs: 

Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz 16GB

Intel Core i7-6700k Skylake

Asus GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix Gaming 

PSU: Antec 620W

Samsung SSD 840 Pro

WDC SSHD 4 TB

My problem is stutter in ALL games. Even CSGO...

I just installed CSGO again after wiping all my HDD's and the game is stuttering. So is Assassins Creed Origins, Destiny 2 and Wildlands. This is with STABLE FPS.

I have tried this: 

My RAM is in Dual position (was in single, i got more FPS, but stutter is still there even with stable FPS) 

I have tried a different PCIE slot. 

Fresh windows installation.

My temperature is good. GPU: 65c. CPU 60-65c with 100% load (Assassins Creed Origins) 

Tried all "turing off power saving" stuff in windows

Uninstalled Razer Synapse and GeForce Experience

ALL drivers are up to date

I have two monitors, tried both, so its not the monitor. Tried different cables aswell. 

I have also tried different settings in Nvidia Control Panel, nothing there is working either. 

My CPU or GPU is NOT overclocked.

I really do hope someone out there can help me. This is bothering me so much :/ Been searching for an answer for a couple of days now, but nothing is working :(

Just did a benchmark aswell. Didnt stutter when i did the benchmark

Benchmark.jpg

Just a suggestion, don't shoot the messenger, but I'd try lowering the settings to see if the stuttering stops, also consider OCing the CPU to see if it brings the minimum FPS up, that might help, but if not then nothing lost hey?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

6 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Just a suggestion, don't shoot the messenger, but I'd try lowering the settings to see if the stuttering stops, also consider OCing the CPU to see if it brings the minimum FPS up, that might help, but if not then nothing lost hey?

I forgot to write it, but it didnt stutter when i did the benchmark, I have tried to lower the settings in CSGO to the lowest, but didnt do anything. I have also tried to overclock my cpu to 4.4 ghz at 1.250v, yeah, didnt do anything either :/

At that point I would start to wonder if the PSU or RAM might be to blame.. what PSU do you have, didn't see it in your listed spec?

I would try breaking the PC down to minimum spec as much as you can anyway, when it comes to games... you can't use iGPU, well you could but there'd be little point. So if you can't get hold of another GPU to test, start with the RAM, try one stick only and try each slot one by one. Then I'd try memtest or similar for a decent run.

If that all passes with no changes. Then try another PSU if you have one.... also try a different wall outlet if you don't have a UPS, also make sure it's a surge protected power strip if you use one.

Sorry @Di5a5t3r, forgot to quote, been a long day.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

At that point I would start to wonder if the PSU or RAM might be to blame.. what PSU do you have, didn't see it in your listed spec?

I would try breaking the PC down to minimum spec as much as you can anyway, when it comes to games... you can't use iGPU, well you could but there'd be little point. So if you can't get hold of another GPU to test, start with the RAM, try one stick only and try each slot one by one. Then I'd try memtest or similar for a decent run.

If that all passes with no changes. Then try another PSU if you have one.... also try a different wall outlet if you don't have a UPS, also make sure it's a surge protected power strip if you use one.

Sorry @Di5a5t3r, forgot to quote, been a long day.

Ty for the reply

My MB, CPU and RAM is like 3 days old :/ But of course, something could be wrong with it. My PSU is Antec 620W. Hmm, i do have a GTX 770 i could try. I can also try a different outlet. I dont have another PSU tho. 

1 minute ago, Di5a5t3r said:

Ty for the reply

My MB, CPU and RAM is like 3 days old :/ But of course, something could be wrong with it. My PSU is Antec 620W. Hmm, i do have a GTX 770 i could try. I can also try a different outlet. I dont have another PSU tho. 

At this point it's a case of troubleshooting to see if the problem can be fixed, or blamed on whichever part and get it RMA'd... yeah, it sucks that this can happen at any time unfortunately. Hopefully we can get to the root cause.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

-moved to troubleshooting-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

21 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

At this point it's a case of troubleshooting to see if the problem can be fixed, or blamed on whichever part and get it RMA'd... yeah, it sucks that this can happen at any time unfortunately. Hopefully we can get to the root cause.

Hi again.

Sorry for a very late respons. I have now tried ALL the above suggestions you mentioned. None that helped. But, i did format my computer once again. Installed ONLY steam and CSGO, it worked like it supposed to. I installed more programs, and the problem appeared. I tried different HDD and SSD. Tried only SSD and only HDD, formated my computer probably 5 times last night.

I did find the source of the problem...MSI Afterburner is the problem. I installed it, and CSGO is at 142 FPS (i turned on v-sync to get a stable FPS) with hiccups every few seconds. I then uninstalled MSI Afterburner, and the game is at 144 FPS and smooth as butter like it should be. 

I only use MSI Afterburner for the GPU fans. Why you might ask. Because if i dont, the GPU fans starts at around 50c and spins up to 1000 RPM, i would rather have them spin at 1000 RPM all the time rather than hearing it every 10 seconds. And dont go faster than 30% until it hits 65c. 

That was alot of unuseful info, but there you go ^^ 

Maybe try turning off v sync and setting an fps lock to eg 60 fps with rivatuner (usually installs with afterburner)

2 hours ago, Di5a5t3r said:

Hi again.

Sorry for a very late respons. I have now tried ALL the above suggestions you mentioned. None that helped. But, i did format my computer once again. Installed ONLY steam and CSGO, it worked like it supposed to. I installed more programs, and the problem appeared. I tried different HDD and SSD. Tried only SSD and only HDD, formated my computer probably 5 times last night.

I did find the source of the problem...MSI Afterburner is the problem. I installed it, and CSGO is at 142 FPS (i turned on v-sync to get a stable FPS) with hiccups every few seconds. I then uninstalled MSI Afterburner, and the game is at 144 FPS and smooth as butter like it should be. 

I only use MSI Afterburner for the GPU fans. Why you might ask. Because if i dont, the GPU fans starts at around 50c and spins up to 1000 RPM, i would rather have them spin at 1000 RPM all the time rather than hearing it every 10 seconds. And dont go faster than 30% until it hits 65c. 

That was alot of unuseful info, but there you go ^^ 

Sorry I couldn't help, but you never mentioned you were even running afterburner... I would always advise people that have problems to stop using unnecessary software when testing. First rule of thumb, always check software first.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

37 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Sorry I couldn't help, but you never mentioned you were even running afterburner... I would always advise people that have problems to stop using unnecessary software when testing. First rule of thumb, always check software first.

Yeah, i didnt think about mentioning that i used MSI Afterburner because it never been a problem before :/ But, ty anyways :)

Just now, Di5a5t3r said:

Yeah, i didnt think about mentioning that i used MSI Afterburner because it never been a problem before :/ But, ty anyways :)

Nah, no worries, I wouldn't have guessed it was afterburner being the problem at all... just assumed you were running minimum software for testing the problem is all. It's one of those things that I do to rule out superfluous software being the problem. I don't uninstall it, just make sure I killed it from running, so I can test properly.

Anyway, glad you got to know the problem, and that it's not hardware related. Software problems are a matter of course, but If I can't figure out the problem with certain software and my systems I usually just look for an alternative. Much better than hardware problems anyway, that shit can cost you money.

Happy gaming now you have it sorted :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini