Your thoughts on the K95 RGB Platinum

CyberFern0

It looks like a beautiful keyboard.  Everything seems great about it but the only cons I can think of are:

• It is too expensive.
  • Very limited in regards to key switches.
  • Some people might find the design gimmicky (I'm alright with it).

Other than that the keyboards look solid.  I'd get one in Browns if the price wasn't as high.

1 minute ago, IziBartek said:

Pro: Beautiful Con: Beautiful

That doesn't really contribute much.  How is "Beautiful" a Con?

Just now, IziBartek said:

Some people dont like RGB :P

Ahh, I get you now.  I suppose but I doubt Corsair, with their whole marketing ploy of RGB, are going to make a non-RGB version of it.  Inb4 no backlighting is the next big craze next week.

Just now, Qyndryx said:

Ahh, I get you now.  I suppose but I doubt Corsair, with their whole marketing ploy of RGB, are going to make a non-RGB version of it.  Inb4 no backlighting is the next big craze next week.

Yeah but overall its a very nice keyboard. Not sure if its worth the 200$ mark but still, good job Corsair. 

5 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

That doesn't really contribute much.  How is "Beautiful" a Con?

3 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Thank you

pros:

its a well built keyboard

it looks pretty nice

cherry switches

keycaps

cons:

price

cherry switches

keycaps

the K70 and Masterkeys Medium exist

size

cherry switches are definatly some of the highest quality ones, but they are pretty booring if you ask me

the keycaps are the same as on the K70 i think, which are if you ask me really nice but i have heard some people really dislike them. also if its the LUX font just throw them in the bin and burn them, because that font is just the worst, id rather have god damn comic sans...

the K70 is a smaller size, if you ask me, a pretty perfect board with a good build, smaller price and just as nice in the other regards. its just dosent have macros but i have never found a use for them.

i mention the Masterkets M because its what i find to be the perfect compromise for gamers, its a navless board which is my second favorte layout after full size, because it has all the functionality of a full size with the nav intergrated really nicely into the numpad and you toggle between with the num lock key. i have the predecessor, the QuickfireTK and its a super nice board.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

pros:

-rgb

-metal frame

-media features

-macro keys

cons:

-expensive

-mx speed switches could be too sensitive

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire