Suggest me a new phone

Bananasplit_00

My OP2 is still pretty strong, but I might want to get a new phone for Christmas, not feeling like I want another Oneplus device, I can't say I find the OP5 especially appealing anyway. I'm pretty shit at knowing the phone market, but here are my requirements for it:

Decently fast fingerprint sensor

1080p display

Around 5.5", at least 5" display

Nice camera that preferably doesn't die in low light like the OP2s

Around 5000mah battery 

Headphone jack is a must, no dongle shit or whatever

Buttons, capacitive or not just not onscreen ones

USB C

LTE band

Decent build, preferably some metal

Less then a centimeter thick

Specs on par or better then the OP2

Nice to haves:

Pretty stock android 

Speakers that sound good

Small bezels

Decent selfie cam

Over 3GB of RAM

Good customisation

Budget? Maybe €500 or so, preferably around €350 but that feels like an impossible budget tbh. 

I thought I'd get the Zenphone 4 Zoom because the 3 was really nice, but it's more expensive and doesn't seem to be in Sweden and has barely any reviews either so idk. Anyway thanks for the help, because in pretty much clueless xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

is the 5000 mAh battery a must have?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

My OP2 is still pretty strong, but I might want to get a new phone for Christmas, not feeling like I want another Oneplus device, I can't say I find the OP5 especially appealing anyway. I'm pretty shit at knowing the phone market, but here are my requirements for it:

1080p display

Around 5000mah battery 

USB C

LTE band

Nice to haves:

Pretty stock android 

Speakers that sound good

Small bezels

Decent selfie cam

Over 3GB of RAM

Good customisation

Budget? Maybe €500 or so, preferably around €350 but that feels like an impossible budget tbh. 

I thought I'd get the Zenphone 4 Zoom because the 3 was really nice, but it's more expensive and doesn't seem to be in Sweden and has barely any reviews either so idk. Anyway thanks for the help, because in pretty much clueless xD

The Mi A1 seems great for the price. But bezels look big, not overly gigantic though.

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-13700KF (5.5GHz, -0.1v Offset), Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO, MSI Z690 Force WiFi, ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 OC, 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 CL36, 500GB WD Black SN850, 500GB WD Black SN750, 4TB Toshiba N300, Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular PSUPhanteks P500a Digital 

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Dell S3422DWG 34 inch 144Hz QHD Ultrawide Monitor, Logitech G815 Lightsync, Logitech G703 Lightspeed, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, Sennheiser HD 560s, Cooler Master MH630

Laptops:

Spoiler

Razer Blade 14 (2021),  AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, 2x8GB DDR4, 1TB Samsung PM991a

Phones:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 256Gb Graygreen, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 128GB (Running Pixel Experience Android 13)

Just now, Oswin said:

is the 5000 mAh battery a must have?

Nah that ended up in the wrong category lol, but I'd like a big battery and I'd much rather have a beefy battery then a thin phone 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

The Mi A1 seems great for the price. But bezels look big, not overly gigantic though.

That's way more of a nice to have then a requirement, il check it out 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nah that ended up in the wrong category lol, but I'd like a big battery and I'd much rather have a beefy battery then a thin phone 

might get the J7 pro, should have great battery life but not the USB C tho. My brother is using a J7 prime and no complaints about battery life, pretty much survived the whole day with heavy use.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_pro-8561.php

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Around 5000mah battery

Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Other than the USB C thing I would get a S7

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

might get the J7 pro, should have great battery life but not the USB C tho. My brother is using a J7 prime and no complaints about battery life, pretty much survived the whole day with heavy use.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_pro-8561.php

USB C is something it NEEEDS to have basically so nope I guess 

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Good luck with that.

ASUS Zenphone Zooms have it, no clue how rare it is i just know they do and figured it can't be too rare

Builds:

Spoiler

I have a nokia 3, it has most of that far as I can see for a reasonable price, it has a near stock android, far as I know, and it missing a finger print sensor, but the nokia 5 ((I think) the step up or a step up again to the 7 (I think, at one point it swaps from odd numbers to evens, for no reason)) would fit more of your needs and might be what your looking for

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

USB C is something it NEEEDS to have basically so nope I guess 

how about the A5 ?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2017)-8494.php

or the nexus 6p 

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_nexus_6p-7588.php

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro? Battery is large but it is slightly older and has no USB-C port. But the SD652 is powerful enough and the cameras are decent. 

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-13700KF (5.5GHz, -0.1v Offset), Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO, MSI Z690 Force WiFi, ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 OC, 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 CL36, 500GB WD Black SN850, 500GB WD Black SN750, 4TB Toshiba N300, Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular PSUPhanteks P500a Digital 

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Dell S3422DWG 34 inch 144Hz QHD Ultrawide Monitor, Logitech G815 Lightsync, Logitech G703 Lightspeed, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, Sennheiser HD 560s, Cooler Master MH630

Laptops:

Spoiler

Razer Blade 14 (2021),  AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, 2x8GB DDR4, 1TB Samsung PM991a

Phones:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 256Gb Graygreen, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 128GB (Running Pixel Experience Android 13)

13 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

I think the best is the Mi Max 2. Super large battery at 5300 mAh. One downside is that it has MiUi, which is far from stock android.

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1080p display

Around 5000mah battery 

USB C

LTE band

Specs on par or better the the OP2

Nice to haves:

Pretty stock android 

Speakers that sound good

Small bezels

Decent selfie cam

Over 3GB of RAM

Good customisation

I thought I'd get the Zenphone 4 Zoom because the 3 was really nice, but it's more expensive and doesn't seem to be in Sweden and has barely any reviews either so idk. Anyway thanks for the help, because in pretty much clueless 

25 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

1080p display

Around 5000mah battery 

USB C

LTE band

Nice to haves:

Pretty stock android 

Speakers that sound good

Small bezels

Decent selfie cam

Over 3GB of RAM

Good customisation

razer phone

Just now, Mezza said:

Just now, Mezza said:

read mate

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

8 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro? Battery is large but it is slightly older and has no USB-C port. But the SD652 is powerful enough and the cameras are decent. 

No USB C = not an option sadly. 

11 minutes ago, Oswin said:

Il take a look, Samsung one seems decent but I can't say I'm a massive fan of their skin. 

6 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

I think the best is the Mi Max 2. Super large battery at 5300 mAh. One downside is that it has MiUi, which is far from stock android.

Il check it out for sure, haven't seen MiUi so idk about that part. 

13 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

I have a nokia 3, it has most of that far as I can see for a reasonable price, it has a near stock android, far as I know, and it missing a finger print sensor, but the nokia 5 ((I think) the step up or a step up again to the 7 (I think, at one point it swaps from odd numbers to evens, for no reason)) would fit more of your needs and might be what your looking for

As long as it has USB C il check it out, I can't say I dislike the look of ty Nokia devices I have seen. 

1 minute ago, Mezza said:

Like it's not bad if it wasn't for both the price and the he ugly as hell logo on the back. That logo would get a taste of the sandpaper + epoxy or something before I even start it up. 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Il check it out for sure, haven't seen MiUi so idk about that part. 

MiUi kinda looks more iOS than being android 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

Yeah, MiUi seems like a whole other operating system. Last time I tried their rom I got bombarded by tons of chinese applications. But I can't say that it looks ugly though that's my personal preference. Their global rom should be ok, but if you understand chinese like me (which most people don't) then you can stick with the china rom. 

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

Well that's neither a positive or negative thing, my problem with IOS is how locked down it is, not the UI, but I have found OxygenOS and now Resurrection Remix to be extremely nice in general. Might end up just swapping ROM but I'd really like to not after the hell it was on this phone...

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

Yeah, MiUi seems like a whole other operating system. Last time I tried their rom I got bombarded by tons of chinese applications. But I can't say that it looks ugly though that's my personal preference. Their global rom should be ok, but if you understand chinese like me (which most people don't) then you can stick with the china rom. 

the international version is ok, i don't know if you will get google services on the Chinese version tho

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Just now, Oswin said:

the international version is ok, i don't know if you will get google services on the Chinese version tho

Most of the chinese version don't come with it. You can either flash gapps or download the google services downloader on the mi app store

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

Well I doubt my GF would like to teach me Chinese so international it is lol

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Well I doubt my GF would like to teach me Chinese so international it is lol

If you bought your phone outside china then most likely you will get the global rom. If it's imported from china then you can flash the global rom. It's relatively easy to do, just google it for instructions.

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

keep in mind, xiao mi phones are tricky to get outside of Asia 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

11 minutes ago, Oswin said:

keep in mind, xiao mi phones are tricky to get outside of Asia 

seem to be up for direct purchase here in Sweden lol, they are cheap as all hell so whats up with that? like €200 or so

13 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

If you bought your phone outside china then most likely you will get the global rom. If it's imported from china then you can flash the global rom. It's relatively easy to do, just google it for instructions.

cool, wont have to learn chinese then

Builds:

Spoiler