GTX 770 ASUS Direct CU 2 vs MSI Lightning

I found a great deal, MSI Lighting was in the same price as the ASUS Direct CU 2. So not considering the price, what do I should get.

Please do not say that EVGA or Gigabyte is better, there are only deals for the ones y mentioned.I'm from Europe don't tell me about deals in Canada or USA. Thanks.

I've also considered the 7970 or X280, but I think 770 is better. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MSI Lightning 

EDIT: Get the 280X, the 770 is just a stupid card because you'll run out of VRAM in most games that are released in 2014, even Crysis 3 and BF4 use more than 2GB Vram. Now, you may be asking me: Why can't I get the 4GB version? Well, the answer to that is that due to the small memory bus, you can't use all of it, instead you'll use maybe 2.2 or 2.5 and it will slow your game down because there is so much data flowing through such a small bus. 

Why not to get the 760/770 4GB read here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/76184-why-not-to-get-the-760770-4gb/

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MSI...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I like the look of MSI but they will cool pretty damn near the same.

Pls can u explain why would u get one or the other.

As far as it goes 1 vs 1

MSI Lightning. Pretty and fast.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

as mentioned above, 770 is not best price/perf

amd: 280x, 290

if you want nvidia cheapest gtx 780

MSI Lightning 

EDIT: Get the 280X, the 770 is just a stupid card because you'll run out of VRAM in most games that are released in 2014, even Crysis 3 and BF4 use more than 2GB Vram. Now, you may be asking me: Why can't I get the 4GB version? Well, the answer to that is that due to the small memory bus, you can't use all of it, instead you'll use maybe 2.2 or 2.5 and it will slow your game down because there is so much data flowing through such a small bus. 

Why not to get the 760/770 4GB read here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/76184-why-not-to-get-the-760770-4gb/

from hardware canucks:

Next generation DX11.1 equipped console development will bring the focus towards a further streamlining of game engines, so highly detailed environments won’t require memory hogging, inefficient high resolution texture maps. As many game developers have already stated on and off the record, this will lead to an increase in the amount of raw processing power required to render a scene and a significant drop in the local memory requirements.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

from hardware canucks:

well that's good news

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Definitely try to go for higher ram with the higher resolutions getting closer and closer. 2gb is fine for now but probably wont be in the next few years. Personally i own a 770 cu ii and i love it but playing games like bf4 and other intensive games having more than 2gb would be nice. The 4gb card cant really utilize the 4gb either.  

Judging from my experiences with the Twin Frozr IV on my MSI GTX 760 Gaming I'd recommend MSI. I never owned such a quiet card before. The GTX 770 might get hotter but the cooler has a lot of leeway left since it only ramps up to 45% at furmark on my card in a not so well ventilated case.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit