Is this build right for my needs ?

JezzaUK

Hey everyone, 2 years ago I had to build a PC as cheap as possible just so I could keep my website up and running.  My A68HM-E33V2 + A8-7600 managed for a while but it is starting to get on my nerves. Back then I had to work with what I had but at this point, I have a little bit more to spend so it's time for a new PC. 

What will I be using it for: 

- Gaming at 1080p (Mostly new games)

- Day trading (I currently have 1 SAMSUNG 3-Series S24F356FHU but I will be buying another one so I can check on prices and game at the same time)

- Normal use (Watching videos, writing articles, etc) 

I am looking for something that I can upgrade along the way. I don't want to be forced to buy an entirely new PC but rather just change one component if I feel the need to make it up-to-date again. 

Here's what I came up with so far: 

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz                                                                                       €182,99

GPU: PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 580                                                                                €245,99

Motherboard: MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON AM4                                                                    €110,99

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200                   €170.99

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO                                                                                                    €84.99

PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 BQ 80 Plus Bronze Semi-Modular 600W                                           €51.00 (I believe this is enough to power the system and for further upgrades)

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III                                                                          €82.99  (I was thinking about using the NVMe M2 slot on the motherboard but i heard that the small speed difference is not worth it?)
             1TB WD BLUE 
WD10EZEX (Will be taking this from my old build)                                            €0

Fans: Hyper 212 LED Turbo- Red Top (At least some RGB )                                                           €37,99                                                                

Cooler Master MegaFlow 200                                                                                               €11.99
             Cooler Master SickleFlow 120                                                                                              €8.99

Suggestions? Anything at all, let me know down below. 

Looks fine to me.  I recommend spending a bit more on the psu, just for the full modular component of it, but everything else looks good.  If you are just gaming, i5 8th gen might perform up to~10% better, but I think ryzen is still a better buy in most cases because of z370 and ram prices 

I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm gonna say it anyways

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig: Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 15"

CPU: Intel i7 8750-H 6-core

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4 2666 mHz

Storage: 512 m.2 nvme ssd

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Silent

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, Steelseries Rival 600 

Headset: Philips SHP 9500 + Sennheiser hd598

Dac/Amp: Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Looks good. Although, why not go with a GTX 1060? They tend to be cheaper (at least in the U.K.) and the RX 580's only advantage is pretty much in DX12 games.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

Looks fine to me.  I recommend spending a bit more on the psu, just for the full modular component of it, but everything else looks good.  If you are just gaming, i5 8th gen might perform up to~10% better, but I think ryzen is still a better buy in most cases because of z370 and ram prices 

The full modular only comes in 550 or 650 watts. 

Could I drop the 50 wats or should I go for the extra 50? 

Just now, bruny06 said:

Looks good. Although, why not go with a GTX 1060? They tend to be cheaper (at least in the U.K.) and the RX 580's only advantage is pretty much in DX12 games.

GTX 1060 6GB is about the same price for me. (Prices of GPU's are just all over the place.) 

The reason why I chose for the RX 580 even with its power consumption is that i would like to be able to play future games on decent settings. Differences between the 1060 and 580 are small and different on each game. 

Any suggestion or input is welcome! I was thinking about downgrading the motherboard but don't how it would affect me when it comes to upgradeability. 

Ive also heard about a few issues with the 3200 RAM on this motherboard? Cant really find any details about it so. 

If someone has the answer for the M2 NVMe question above,let me know !

4 minutes ago, JezzaUK said:

The full modular only comes in 550 or 650 watts. 

Could I drop the 50 wats or should I go for the extra 50? 

You can see exactly how many watts your build needs at pcpartpicker.