Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dont know what port this is

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

These are universal connectors.  These D style connectors are also used for VGA output on video cards, and for previous video standards (EGA, CGA etc) but in this particular case considering how the box looks, i suspect these connectors are only used for transmitting data from an industrial computer to some machine, for example each port controlling one motor of a machine.

Technically any pin that's not required to transmit data could be repurposed to transmit voltage , and you could also send video ... after all you only need 2 wires for s-video or composite video, and maybe 4-5 wires for analogue video (like vga)

I don't know, can't tell from the labels near the connectors.

It's serial port , the one at the top ... look for DB 15 cable (15 from the number of contacts). You'd probably connect an external modem (dial up era) to that port.

The one on the bottom is probably parallel port or some other kind of serial port ... look for DB 25 cable if there's 25 contacts in the connector. You'd probably connect dot matrix printers and other older ones which used parallel port for connection (pre-usb and mostly before usb 2.0)

ps. could you have posted SMALLER pictures?

sorry for the image size.......here's the original.

Also some questions..

1)could power be transfer over any of those?

2)could video be transferred over the serial port?

Capture4.PNG

Just now, The9gagpilot said:

What is it?

'91 Matsushita Multiplexer Zone Control Unit, P/N RD-AX2502-10 from a Boeing 747.

These are universal connectors.  These D style connectors are also used for VGA output on video cards, and for previous video standards (EGA, CGA etc) but in this particular case considering how the box looks, i suspect these connectors are only used for transmitting data from an industrial computer to some machine, for example each port controlling one motor of a machine.

Technically any pin that's not required to transmit data could be repurposed to transmit voltage , and you could also send video ... after all you only need 2 wires for s-video or composite video, and maybe 4-5 wires for analogue video (like vga)

I don't know, can't tell from the labels near the connectors.