Couldn't use GPT parition

Kur0s

I was impatient and decided to use some random freeware to copy my system drive. Everything worked fine on my new 960 EVO until I realized Windows was not updating. I forced an update and my system locked up. I got pass the login screen but the system would freeze after that and did not receive any errors. I wiped the drive and tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro but it would not install on a GPT partition.  Bios are up to date.

Specs: 6700k, asus z170 pro, asus strix 1080, 960 evo, evga 650 gold

You can ask @GoodBytes but that's changing MBR to GPT. I think that applies as well.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

12 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

You can ask @GoodBytes but that's changing MBR to GPT. I think that applies as well.

You can fix it by reinstalling Win10 but during the install process delete the partition, after deletion the recreate it, and then format it into NTFS then finish the install.  I would use a Windows Media Creation Tool to do the job.

Back-up your data, create a W10 install USB, boot from the USB and click repair my computer. In the command prompt, you can use diskpart to clean and convert your drive.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

47 minutes ago, Kur0s said:

I was impatient and decided to use some random freeware to copy my system drive. Everything worked fine on my new 960 EVO until I realized Windows was not updating. I forced an update and my system locked up. I got pass the login screen but the system would freeze after that and did not receive any errors. I wiped the drive and tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro but it would not install on a GPT partition.  Bios are up to date.

Specs: 6700k, asus z170 pro, asus strix 1080, 960 evo, evga 650 gold

have you tried going into windows repair mode(f10 on boot or f11 i think)

then choose fix boot(attempt to autorepair the mbr or gpt equiv as ntfs and gpt use different mbr methods)

I did clear the drive and convert it but windows still failed to install and said it required a MBR partition