Is this metal tab an issue?

So basically one of the metal tabs on my io shield is actually on top of the usb port.

http://imgur.com/WHbH2OL

(On the usb 3.1 slot)

I'm just curious if this is likely to cause issues at all? I don't need to use the port really so would be happy to leave it.

Thanks for any responses.

Nah, nothing should really happen except you might not be able to actually get to the port.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

All it takes is just 6-9 screws and you can lift the metal tab.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

you can bend it and rip it out. it's used to ground the ports but it's not absolutely necessary and won't cause harm as it is or if it were gone

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

All it takes is just 6-9 screws and you can lift the metal tab.

I'm having so much bad luck and so many issues with this pc that I'd rather not try. I'll probably snap the mobo or something lol

1 hour ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

you can bend it and rip it out. it's used to ground the ports but it's not absolutely necessary and won't cause harm as it is or if it were gone

Ah ok. Guessing it won't cause it to be ungrounded then seeing as all the other little tabs are ok?

1 hour ago, bob51zhang said:

Nah, nothing should really happen except you might not be able to actually get to the port.

Ok. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Nemoh88 said:

Ah ok. Guessing it won't cause it to be ungrounded then seeing as all the other little tabs are ok?

they are grounded individually not so much through the board it's a shorter path so any zap/discharge is guarantied not to cause damage if you keep it while it could kill the USB port if you don't have it. but a static discharge is unlikely and it's not guarantied to cause damage either, so yeah...

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 minute ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

they are grounded individually not so much through the board it's a shorter path so any zap/discharge is guarantied not to cause damage if you keep it while it could kill the USB port if you don't have it. but a static discharge is unlikely and it's not guarantied to cause damage either, so yeah...

Ah ok. Ta. I'll sort other issues out first then rejig it to get it back properly anyway. Thanks.