So loved the manta case. Any recommendation?

DiAn.Gwapo
11 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Intake fans don't control airflow the way an exhaust fan does... and there's only 1 of them blowing air over the motherboard, the other is mounted much closer to the GPU... and are they bringing in the hot air through your radiator? Because that will sabotage your results as well. Sounds like your board isn't the problem, you've just created a near worst-case scenario for it to work in. and even in that situation, with your really high voltages, your VRM's are still operating within spec. 

It's configured like a lot of cases with an intake and exhaust, none of which flow directly over the VRM, I have since slapped a 140mm high pressure fan over it, which makes it works a fair amount better.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's configured like a lot of cases with an intake and exhaust, none of which flow directly over the VRM, I have since slapped a 140mm high pressure fan over it, which makes it works a fair amount better.

where the heck is your exhaust then? location is more important than fan count....

Just now, Zyndo said:

where the heck is your exhaust then? location is more important than fan count....

59f94af29850d_GUTS1(2).thumb.JPG.28d31498553eecef025f25eadeb1e0b0.JPG

The HAF XB exhaust is on the back of the case, have since modded my case to accept a rear 240mm AIO, but it still needs a fan on the VRM

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

Snip

I'ma stop having this conversation with you now..... please stop advising people on VRM's and/or cooling.

although that radiator mount 'mod' actually isn't haf bad ;)

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

I'ma stop having this conversation with you now..... please stop advising people on VRM's and/or cooling.

although that radiator mount 'mod' actually isn't haf bad ;)

How is the layout any different from standard tower cases? If anything the airflow should be better since it's more direct on top of the motherboard.

The simple fact is motherboard VRMs need improvement in the cooling department, even for normal use, if someone just uses the auto OC on the board for some reason they're likely to be in a world of pain.

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

The simple fact is motherboard VRMs need improvement in the cooling department, even for normal use, if someone just uses the auto OC on the board for some reason they're likely to be in a world of pain.

I'm aware that is your opinion, but seeing your setup I understand how you came to that misguided opinion. But if that is how you like to set up your computers, and if you like to have fans laying on your VRM's for ultimate performance, then by all means you do you :)