Can I Control 9 Fans Instead of 6 With the Corsair Commander Pro by Using Fan Hubs?

CyberFern0
4 hours ago, W-L said:

Why do you need a commander pro if you have great fan speed control with the motherboard? Do you want it to all be inside the Corsair link ecosystem. 

Yes

15 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Yes

If I connected the fans to the mobo then it would affect mobo performance.

1 hour ago, CyberFern0 said:

Yes

Alright in that case your will want to connect both the fans speed control and the RGB system into the commander pro and not use the motherboard at all.

53 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

If I connected the fans to the mobo then it would affect mobo performance.

If you were to connected the fans it makes no difference.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Alright in that case your will want to connect both the fans speed control and the RGB system into the commander pro and not use the motherboard at all.

...oh

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Are you able to group the fans up in the bios? I'm just gonna use commander pro for RGB.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Are you able to group the fans up in the bios? I'm just gonna use commander pro for RGB.

It will not be in the BIOS, remember we are connecting everything to the Commander Pro the speed control and RGB system since you said you wanted everything to be within the Corsair link ecosystem. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

It will not be in the BIOS, remember we are connecting everything to the Commander Pro the speed control and RGB system since you said you wanted everything to be within the Corsair link ecosystem. 

No no. I previously thought that mobo get decreased performance if I use the mobo fan headers. I'm just gonna use Commander Pro for the RGB. I need to know if I can group up the fans in the mobo fan control software.

3 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

No no. I previously thought that mobo get decreased performance if I use the mobo fan headers. I'm just gonna use Commander Pro for the RGB. I need to know if I can group up the fans in the mobo fan control software.

Fan Xpert 4

8 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Not through the software you cannot group fans, but can set all the fans to the same curve. 

Why are you using the commander pro if you are not using it for fan control, the fans already come with the Lightning node pro unit which is for software lighting control in Corsair Link, the same as the commander. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Not through the software you cannot group fans, but can set all the fans to the same curve. 

Why are you using the commander pro if you are not using it for fan control, the fans already come with the Lightning node pro unit which is for software lighting control in Corsair Link, the same as the commander. 

That's what I was going to do, but you said mobo is much better. Which do you recommend?

9 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

That's what I was going to do, but you said mobo is much better. Which do you recommend?

You were asking about using the Corsair commander but personally I would just use the motherboard for fan speed control and the Lighting node pro that comes with the fans for the RGB lighting and ditch the commander pro completely.  

2 hours ago, W-L said:

You were asking about using the Corsair commander but personally I would just use the motherboard for fan speed control and the Lighting node pro that comes with the fans for the RGB lighting and ditch the commander pro completely.  

my perspective is that it's better to keep everything together? Are fan speed cables regular 4 pins?

my perspective is that it's better to keep everything together? Are fan speed cables regular 4 pins?

Do you know any good power fan hub or splitters I can use to connect fan speed cables to commander pro?

Do you know any good power fan hub or splitters I can use to connect fan speed cables to commander pro?

But you have the motherboard already that can do everything.

If you want to use the commander pro I guess you can to keep everything in Corsair Link. As for splitters you get use regular splitters such as this directly off the commander pro, just note the max amperage of each header as mentioned before.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF02/dp/B00HJOJS9O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1509772075&sr=8-4

8 hours ago, W-L said:

But you have the motherboard already that can do everything.

If you want to use the commander pro I guess you can to keep everything in Corsair Link. As for splitters you get use regular splitters such as this directly off the commander pro, just note the max amperage of each header as mentioned before.

https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Technology-Sleeved-Splitter-CPF02/dp/B00HJOJS9O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1509772075&sr=8-4

Umm... I kind of have a problem. The commander pro max amperage is 1.0 each LL fan is 0.3. I'll only be able to fit. Do you watercool.

59 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Umm... I kind of have a problem. The commander pro max amperage is 1.0 each LL fan is 0.3. I'll only be able to fit. Do you watercool.

Never mind I'll split up the 480mm rad into 2. Are the fan control speed cables regular 4-pin connectors?

4 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Never mind I'll split up the 480mm rad into 2. Are the fan control speed cables regular 4-pin connectors?

0.3A seems a little high for a fan as that doesn't include the LED portion but I wouldn't put more than 2-3 fans on a single header of the Corsair commander. And yes you can use that splitter for controlling the speed of the fans, just set the fan curves the same or the 2 groups of fans on the 480mm rad and you shouldn't have a problem. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

0.3A seems a little high for a fan as that doesn't include the LED portion but I wouldn't put more than 2-3 fans on a single header of the Corsair commander. And yes you can use that splitter for controlling the speed of the fans, just set the fan curves the same or the 2 groups of fans on the 480mm rad and you shouldn't have a problem. 

Ok, but are the fan control speed cables just regular 4-pin connectors?

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Ok, but are the fan control speed cables just regular 4-pin connectors?

Yes the fans are 4 pin and that splitter is also a 4 pin version. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes the fans are 4 pin and that splitter is also a 4 pin version. 

OK thanks but I will use 2 way and a 3 way splitter. Thank you very much for the help.