Can I Control 9 Fans Instead of 6 With the Corsair Commander Pro by Using Fan Hubs?

CyberFern0
10 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to group control the fans you will require a splitter or hub. 

For amperage.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

For amperage.

Sorry your going to have to clarify but if your referring to the swiftech power PWM hub that is good for a large number of fans, since you only plan on grouping 4 fans together you won't need it but it doesn't hurt to use one such as that. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Sorry your going to have to clarify but if your referring to the swiftech power PWM hub that is good for a large number of fans, since you only plan on grouping 4 fans together you won't need it but it doesn't hurt to use one such as that. 

Hold up a few posts back. Fan hubs and fan splitters are the same thing. They do the same job. Fan hubs are just better for more fans and cable management (I think...) If splitters split fans, then fan hubs do the same thing. Have we been misunderstanding each other?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Hold up a few posts back. Fan hubs and fan splitters are the same thing. They do the same job. Fan hubs are just better for more fans and cable management (I think...) If splitters split fans, then fan hubs do the same thing. Have we been misunderstanding each other?

Yes fan hubs and splitters are the same but the swiftech unit is a powered fan hub, so it take external power from the PSU itself and doesn't draw any current to power the fans from the motherboard. It only take a PWM control signal to vary the speed of the fans, therefor the fans must be 4 pin PWM for that swiftech unit. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes fan hubs and splitters are the same but the swiftech unit is a powered fan hub, so it take external power from the PSU itself and doesn't draw any current to power the fans from the motherboard. It only take a PWM control signal to vary the speed of the fans, therefor the fans must be 4 pin PWM for that swiftech unit. 

Crap so I can't use that rgb led fan hub from Corsair. That's bad.

2 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Crap so I can't use that rgb led fan hub from Corsair. That's bad.

The RGB system and fan control system are completely separate the fans have two cables where the RGB control must be used with Corsair's control system. 

Image result for corsair LL fans

12 hours ago, W-L said:

The RGB system and fan control system are completely separate the fans have two cables where the RGB control must be used with Corsair's control system. 

So which one do I plug in to Commander Pro. The RGB control system?

11 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I have power taken care of. The mobo has 9 headers.

36 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

They are different connectors, there is a 4 pin regular fan which you hook up to the motherboard and a keyed connector for the RGB control system. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

They are different connectors, there is a 4 pin regular fan which you hook up to the motherboard and a keyed connector for the RGB control system. 

So I plug in the RGB connector into a fan hub that plugs into Commander Pro?

26 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

So I plug in the RGB connector into a fan hub that plugs into Commander Pro?

Yes that is correct the connection from the RGB hub goes into the commander pro from aoftware based lighting control. 

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes that is correct the connection from the RGB hub goes into the commander pro from aoftware based lighting control. 

Can I also control speeds with it?

4 hours ago, W-L said:

Is the mobo any slower if I don't use the mobo headers and use the psu instead?

Is the mobo any slower if I don't use the mobo headers and use the psu instead?

I mean faster

11 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Can I also control speeds with it?

You can control both the fans speed and RGB control completely independently.

Just now, W-L said:

You can control both the fans speed and RGB control completely independently.

With the rgb connecter?

With the rgb connecter?

No, look at the photo, there are two connectors one for RGB control and another for fan speed. They are two completely independent systems, which let you control the RGB effects and speed of the fans anyway you like, one does not affect the other. 

Just now, W-L said:

No, look at the photo, there are two connectors one for RGB control and another for fan speed. They are two completely independent systems, which let you control the RGB effects and speed of the fans anyway you like, one does not affect the other. 

So which one do I plug in to mobo?

Wait, so I plug that USB in that you mentioned earlier, and everything is connected?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

The 4 pin fan connector.

Image result for 4 pin fan connector

Wait, so I plug that USB in that you mentioned earlier, and everything is connected?

If you are not using a commander pro and just what comes with the Corsair LL fans there is the lightning node pro, that unit interfaces with the motherboard via USB for the software RGB control. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

The 4 pin fan connector.

If you are not using a commander pro and just what comes with the Corsair LL fans there is the lightning node pro, that unit interfaces with the motherboard via USB for the software RGB control. 

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

The 4 pin fan connector.

Oh ok, I understand power. I'm just going to use power fan hubs to connect to PSU and just have intake and rear fans power from mobo. 

Oh ok, I understand power. I'm just going to use power fan hubs to connect to PSU and just have intake and rear fans power from mobo. 

The video said that only one fan connector is needed to control both speeds and fan RGB.

7 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

The video said that only one fan connector is needed to control both speeds and fan RGB.

Which video, the fans always required two connectors. 

15 hours ago, W-L said:

Which video, the fans always required two connectors. 

I think I figured it out. I will use 2 powered fan hubs, 2 regular fan hubs, 2 corsair led hubs, I will connect the fans to PSU via powered fan hubs. I will connect intake and rear to mobo. I will connect fan speed controls to commander pro via regular fan hubs. I will connect rgb controls to commander pro via corsair led hubs. Will this work? Commander pro only has 2 RGB connectors. Even if multiple fans are on same led hub, their rgb is still individually configurable right?

3 hours ago, CyberFern0 said:

I think I figured it out. I will use 2 powered fan hubs, 2 regular fan hubs, 2 corsair led hubs, I will connect the fans to PSU via powered fan hubs. I will connect intake and rear to mobo. I will connect fan speed controls to commander pro via regular fan hubs. I will connect rgb controls to commander pro via corsair led hubs. Will this work? Commander pro only has 2 RGB connectors. Even if multiple fans are on same led hub, their rgb is still individually configurable right?

Why do you need a commander pro if you have great fan speed control with the motherboard? Do you want it to all be inside the Corsair link ecosystem.